Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2017, 10:59 PM

mathatter89 is on a distinguished road
Default How to apply for substituted service from the courts?

It looks like my attempts to serve the respondent for a divorce application are failing due to active evasion from the respondent to the process server.

Please -let's not talk about all the various methods in which one can improve probability of serving successfully - working on this with professionals.

--------

What do I need to do in order to ask a judge for substituted service? Do I go back to the courts and file a motion or something? Is there a form I fill out?

I'll have the multiple affidavit of services as well as the video recording from each attempt from the process server. I'm not sure

1) What do I have to do to apply for substituted service
2) What do I have to bring to court?
3) If there are forms to fill out ahead of time, what forms do I have to fill out?
4) Are there additional fees to do so?

Thanks all. You've all been fantastic.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:07 PM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

Not sure what you could have done, but you can tell us how you went about this, perhaps some one else would benefit.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 AM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

you can serve by mail or courier. review the Rules.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:42 AM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathatter89 View Post
It looks like my attempts to serve the respondent for a divorce application are failing due to active evasion from the respondent to the process server.

Please -let's not talk about all the various methods in which one can improve probability of serving successfully - working on this with professionals.

--------

What do I need to do in order to ask a judge for substituted service? Do I go back to the courts and file a motion or something? Is there a form I fill out?

I'll have the multiple affidavit of services as well as the video recording from each attempt from the process server. I'm not sure

1) What do I have to do to apply for substituted service
2) What do I have to bring to court?
3) If there are forms to fill out ahead of time, what forms do I have to fill out?
4) Are there additional fees to do so?

Thanks all. You've all been fantastic.
An order on consent, failing which you can motion by way of 14B.