Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblo View Post
I don't control when my schedule is given to me and I have very little control on my trips, I work for an airline btw. I agree that a regular schedule would be best for the kids but at the same time they are quite used to it. I've tried to work with my ex on the scheduling, handed her my work schedule in the past but in the end it was still nearly impossible to agree or she would agree then complain the whole month after. I'm looking for cases that are similar, I haven't come across any yet.
Quote:
I do enjoy treating the kids when I can but our agreement is so skewed towards her financially that I can't, that's very frustrating. I'm looking for cases that specifically rework the SA to better balance the finances of both parties.
The best part is the kids think its mom spending on them!
YOu don't rework things willy-nilly - you need a change of circumstances.

Quote:
Her constant grilling of the kids and interfering with my access and disparaging remarks towards my GF and her family are tiring. I'm looking for cases where these issues were addressed.
For a start, bait her out by email. Writing is gold

Thanks for all of the input and comments so far.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:13 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
^ I don't like this at all.
A. His Ex is now getting CS to pay for these things ONCE
B. He Now has to RESPEND for the samethings
This is completely out of touch with the expenses of being an NCP.
15% of your net wage per child + S7 + no more child benefits and in the case of this guy, he has to have all the fixed expenses for his kids because they actually live with him a lot of the time.
Totally unnecessary to be so rude and judgemental. But you usually are to most posters. So I will not be bothered with your comments.

Parenting cannot be all about " I pay child support so I will not pay for anything because she should be paying. Joy of being a parent is experiences you share with your child as it cost nothing to watch a baseball game, go throw a ball in the park etc. Plus I am sorry but do not tell me he cannot find $30 once in a while to buy a soccer ball or a nice T-shirt. Its not the amount that counts, it the time and thought put into the action that counts.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:06 AM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do enjoy treating the kids when I can but our agreement is so skewed towards her financially that I can't, that's very frustrating. I'm looking for cases that specifically rework the SA to better balance the finances of both parties.

Her constant grilling of the kids and interfering with my access and disparaging remarks towards my GF and her family are tiring. I'm looking for cases where these issues were addressed.

Thanks for all of the input and comments so far.
You're paying the standard table CS, right? I don't think you're going to have much luck "reworking" your separation agreement so that you pay less CS unless you also propose to "rework" the agreement so that you have the kids more than 40% (and move into an offset CS situation). Would you consider taking this route? It would mean that you might have to give up some of your "down time" when you're at home, if you had kids living with you more, in exchange for reduced (or offset) payments.

How much is it worth to you to have your ex doing most of the parenting, including flexibility with your unpredictable schedule? It may be that table CS is the price you pay for this convenience.

I also can't see any legal remedy for your ex talking smack about your girlfriend and family. Unfortunately there's no law against being a jerk. You and your GF may have to just lead by example here. As your kids get older, they'll notice the difference between a household where the grownups take the high road and a household where the grownups don't.