Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 PM

peteykat is on a distinguished road
Default Help My Ex-Wife is denying visitation to daughter

Hi, I hope someone can shed some light into this dark tunnel. To make a long story short..Son (17) lives with me and daughter (11) lives with mother. My ex-wife is denying visitation access to my daughter. She is stating that my daughter (11) is scared and does not want to go to my house. The Ex is trying to make it look like my daughter is afraid of me. Like I did something wrong. The Ex will not explain to me what my daughter is supposedly scared of. I am unable to reach my daughter by phone. Mother states that daughter doesn't want to answer phone. I know this is not true. I believe that my daughter is being forced into things that she can't do anything about. I don't understand what people get out of trying to control their children's relationships with their other parent. Isn't it her responsibility to ensure that my daughter gets to see me. If there are issues interfering with that then they should be addressed and not hidden.
We're scheduled to go to court for a case conference and I need some tips on preparing my documents.

Does any one know if the court will allow provisions to an existing visitation order. I would like some changes implemented for the best interest of the child, and not the parent. My ex is stating that because our son doesn't go see her much, that our daughter won't be visiting me until the son visits her. She is using our children as pawns for her own selfish needs. How do I prove this?!! and have the courts also see it from my point of view.
My son is now 17 has a full time job in the summer, tutors, and does lawn maintenance. He saved up for his first computer, he was so proud of himself. I have always promoted that he have a healthy relationship with his mother and he can talk to his mother anytime he wishes on the phone. I have no restrictions for him when it comes to his mother or sister. The problem is that he is now 17 and I cannot force him to go see his mother, I can only promote it. Its unfortunate that he had a busy summer and that he didn't spend alot of time with his mom. I shouldn't be the blame for it but my Ex blames me and won't let me see our daughter because of it. You would think that she would be able to recognize that our son is growing up into a young man and needs room to grow. I suggested to her that she pick him up and take him out for a movie? Maybe dinner?
I need some friendly thoughts and advice, if anyone is in the same situation or you know of someone experiencing the same problems, I'd love to hear some of your experiences in the court system.
thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Do a search in this forum and google on "parental alienation" and you will find tons o' heartbreaking and despicable behaviour, as well as how the courts view it.

Did you see this on TV last week?

CTV News | W5 investigates: Children on the frontlines of divorce
Closed Thread