Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2015, 08:42 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Almost guaranteed she will be allowed to move except if she is an idiot or there is some extenuating circumstances.

I don't even think a judge will oppose the move on an urgent basis as long as she drives for the access visits.

One year is probably considered a stable relationship and enough reason to grant the move.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:47 AM

phatkid77 is on a distinguished road

I agree. System is fucked.
But stable?? Not sure. They've been 4hr apart and she only sees him every other weekend , and on that note.... Not even entirely sure how much exposure his kids have had with the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
I agree. System is fucked.
But stable?? Not sure. They've been 4hr apart and she only sees him every other weekend , and on that note.... Not even entirely sure how much exposure his kids have had with the guy.

If he had shared custody then it would have been very debateable however an access parent is not considered a parent. More like a video game console, great to have but nobody really cares.

Exposure to guy etc.. Irrelevant.

As long as she doesn't have a history of depriving access isn't moving on the basis of a frivolous reason she has the right to move where she wants the best interests of the kids are secondary unless it is very clear this is VERY bad for them.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 AM

phatkid77 is on a distinguished road

Not sure if recorded or not but I guess up until sep agreement. 2 years she would only let him see kids on a weds. Because she said so. 2 years not a single weekend.
I'm not even goin to type what I would do if that was tried in me. Would be straightened out inside 2 wks.!!