Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2017, 10:21 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Why are you doing this to,yourself? As you have said the boys are 13 and 16 and are having a great time so they will opt to stay with Dad.

It does not matter what he writes in his documents he has to prove those statements with evidence.

The only letter I would write would be to settle the issue out of court. So no one pays costs.

If the boys want to live with good time Dad then You might as well let them. Teens can be selfish and short sighted and need to deal with their own decisions.

It seems that you have spent many years focusing on their needs. Time to focus on your needs.

Agree the boys can chose to live where they want and as you are sharing custody and potentially residency agree to an offset calculation of child support. And then walk away and let things play out as they will.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:48 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

I really dont understand why you are continuing to engage in this ridiculous back and forth. Put together your response documents laying out ONLY what is needed. For instance: CS in the amount of x per month to be updated annually based on your income; s7 percentage of x for agreed to items and post secondary; counseling for kids and you; access according to a schedule. Then leave it. What happened HAPPENED and you need to move on. All you are doing is feeding your ex. He can go into court and say whatever bs he wants. So can you. Why bother? Just finalize the documents and go from there. All you are doing is prolonging continued abuse from these people.

If you have such a limited income, look into legal aid and have a lawyer put together the documents for you and then MOVE ON with your life.

Your kids will grow up and realize their ways and hopefully have a relationship. In the mean time, focus on yourself and your own physical and emotional well being. Maybe even talk to your doctor about some medication to help you get out of this hole and focus on yourself.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:49 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

^^^^^^
exactly, stop feeding into the drama. They want to live with Dad so move on. You are still young enough to have a life.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:43 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I recall a time when my lawyer received NUMEROUS ccccccrrrrraaazy affidavits from my ex as well as highly inflammatory letters from ex's various lawyers. Through the past 7 years I have received EXTENSIVE ccccrrrraaazy emails from ex's g/f. All you can do is shrug it off and keep yourself occupied. Yes it isn't pleasant.

Take the high road and don't engage.