Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Paulzinho is on a distinguished road
Default Help with Appeal forms

Does anyone have expamples or experience in Appealing family law matters? I seems to me that even if it is not the divisional court the appeal froms from other courts have more or less the same content and requirements.

I got instruction that I need to appeal a judgement from the Ontario Superiour court family law devision to the Divisonal court which used different forms and charges to file. I missed the 30 day time frame. I need to ask for a leave to appeal. I'm self represented.

I think the actual appeal is at the divisional court but where do I apply for leave to appeal? the original Superior court or Divisional court or Ontario Appeals court?

Need to get this started what documents are needed for leave to appeal? Notice of Motion for Leave to Appeal (Divisional court Form 37A), does anything else need to accompany it? How specific does the info on form 37A need to be?

If I’m allowed to appeal When do I need to serve and file a Motion Record, Factum, and other material? Transcripts?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:41 PM

KMF is on a distinguished road

I'm also in the process of appealing a decision made in family court. My lawyer is taking care of that, but we also had to ask for an extension, and I know he did that at the Ontario Court of Appeal. You file for the appeal and then you have 30 days to file the perfected appeal. That's all I know. Sorry i can't help more.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM

KMF, thanks for your info.

Some followup questions: Where was the orginal judgement/order made Superior court family divsion or another court
Any hope that you can send me some of those Filled Forms so I can get the gist of what they contain?

thanks.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:14 PM

The original judgment was in the Superior Court Family Division. As for the forms, my lawyer did everything. I don't have a copy.

Try this webpage if you haven't already How to Proceed with a Civil Appeal
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the link. I was told by the trial co ordinator that I need to file the appeal at the divisional court. I will check out the links to see if there are filled out examples.

KMF, I hope your appeal works out.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM

Thanks so much! I'm pretty confident. When we applied for the extension, the judge agreed that my case had merit.
Closed Thread