Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2017, 10:16 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default FRO statement of account

Lawyer asked us to request the directors statement from FRO which we did. Got the copy in the mail but it only shows the court order amount NOT the additional funds my partner has been paying the last year and a half. He has bank statements proving he paid it but shouldn't the statement show the balance in the FRO account?

Has anyone ever had to order this before? If he calls them he sits on hold or has to leave a message and wait for them to call him back. One would think the STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT would show everything that went into the account right?
Old 05-30-2017, 10:23 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Can't you get that information online? (I know you can in Alberta and I thought FRO went on line this year?)

Interesting though. Perhaps this explains part of the miscommunication between your partner and his ex?

I'd request a detailed statement from start to finish (to now) from FRO.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:31 AM

Online with FRO? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

These people are useless on a good day!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:52 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

were the funds paid to FRO? If so, FRO should have this on record. I've dealt with FRO on this issue. There should be 2 sets of statements. One is dedicated to YOUR account - shows all funds in and out (this is where you would see any balance). Another is the accounting one.

Do a complaint ONLINE and you will receive an email back. In my case I received the email within 24 hours. They will then have your case worker call you and you could then send in your bank statements to the email you received from FRO representative of Ministry of Attorney General and ask them to forward to your case worker.

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov....sh/contact.php - Scroll all the way to the bottom, fill in the form and submit.

Last edited by trinton; 05-30-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:47 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Got the copy in the mail but it only shows the court order amount NOT the additional funds my partner has been paying the last year and a half.
FRO follows the court Order. If the Order was not changed their statement of account will reflect the existing Order.

If additional funds were paid outside FRO, document them by printing off the cheque receipts.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:51 PM

Ok thanks Orleans Lawyer. We printed off a statement from the bank of all the payments dating back two years and those show the increased amounts. The lawyer said to get this statement of account from FRO to show he was paying more for his response to the MTC. Lawyer also said the bank statements would work.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:32 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Only have experience from the receiver end. When my daughter goes online she can generate a statement and this shows all the credit and debits on the account.

i find the online works well once you have your one- key setup

Preserve with the online. It's the best way to get communicate through.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:35 PM

We've got a fax going out tomorrow. I find when we fax it to the attention of his case worker they answer right away. Sitting on hold is too difficult for him with his work.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:59 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Rockscan are you not registered online with FRO? That can save you lots of grief. If they provide statements to recipients then they provide statements to payers. These are preferable in court (your lawyer should know this).
Old 05-30-2017, 10:19 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Totally worth getting set up online. Information and communication at your fingertips.

Works really well. You can send attachments, make requests, get responses and see the complete financial history anytime