Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2016, 10:50 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

FRO can be abused. The solution is not to hope for good faith on the part of recipients. The solution is to fix FRO. That is best accomplished by having people blatantly take advantage of FRO's inadequacies in a way that even bystanders would agree is horribly wrong.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:45 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Accept the email transfer and inform FRO of the payment. If they do end up double collecting, simply send it back to the payor.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default FRO - Arrears - CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
You guys live in some fantasy world where life is fair. In the real world, recipients don't get in trouble for taking money, ever. I've even read rulings where judges have found that the recipient was clearly wrong to take the money, but then the judge still didn't order it to be repaid because it would cause a hardship to the child.

Janus is right. I too have seen cases where extra child support was not returned because it would effect the support the child is currently receiving

At the same time, I have via court order received a credit back for overpayment of child support in the past

Sometimes it just depends on what side of the bed the judge woke up on but it is always case by case

In this case. Don't take the money and save yourself a headache. You know it's to be paid through FRO and you know it's for arrears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by trinton; 11-03-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:01 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

One of the practical reasons maintenance enforcement agencies want money to go through them is that they have to calculate interest on arrears. In some instances the interest is calculated on a daily basis I believe.

Another reason is that maintenance enforcement agencies allegedly have time-lines regarding enforcement actions. They have to be able to defend their actions in court.

You are in or you are out. Use or don't use a maintenance enforcement agency. I sometimes think it might be better for some people to NOT use FRO/MEP and I would love to hear from someone who collected family court debt without going through these agencies. Anyone have experience with this?
Old 11-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
One of the practical reasons maintenance enforcement agencies want money to go through them is that they have to calculate interest on arrears. In some instances the interest is calculated on a daily basis I believe.

Another reason is that maintenance enforcement agencies allegedly have time-lines regarding enforcement actions. They have to be able to defend their actions in court.

You are in or you are out. Use or don't use a maintenance enforcement agency. I sometimes think it might be better for some people to NOT use FRO/MEP and I would love to hear from someone who collected family court debt without going through these agencies. Anyone have experience with this?

FRO is like a debt collection agency. They will go to court and take the roof off your head in order to get their money

On the flip side, if I'm paying everything to FRO. Mom can never say or try and say she never got child support. It's all documented. Even then I could work out payment plans with FRO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2016, 11:10 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Take the. Only. Inform FRO. They will make the adjustments and then charge the payor $100 for not goi g through FRO.