Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 02:20 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road
Default form17e Trial Management Conference Brief, PART2 (5)

Hi All

I am in preparation opening statements document for TMC. Does anyone have some examples what could useful?

Other party statements has 27 paragraphs. 95% of which just the same text copied over and over from conf to conf saying how horrible person I am, bad father and so on so on...

so I am thinking to replay on all that as I always replayed during this process...

POSITION OF THE FATHER

I do not drink, I do not smoke, I do not have a criminal record. I am a loving and devoted father. There is no evidentiary documentation before this Honourable Court, to the contrary.

My only wish is that my son benefit from an equal relationship with his mother and his father. I will support my son, including his relationship with his mother, her family and significant other, in all ways possible.

I am neither motivated to denigrate my son’s mother in court materials, nor will I respond to any similar allegations, except where relevant and necessary. I wish only to offer my support and encouragement to the mother, respecting the best interests of our young son.

This has been, and will continue to be, my sole motivation. Anything to the contrary is destructive, and delays the cultivation of a safe and mutually supportive environment for my son.

From what I understand judge do not need all that crap - he tired of all that. Only thing what he need to see that little one will benefit from his father. But I still thinking that probably I have to stated couple of things. Like I did care about him since day one may be give some prove that all what other party said is not true...

But I am still not sure where that golden line. Do not know even how explain.

Lets try with example.
Other party wrote that I am not feeding child properly - he come extremely hungry and so on.
I always feed him but ofcource sometime he did not want to eat. And I have him for 3 hours - how hungry he can became for those three hours. I did record every feeding for the last 3-4 month. I can show video 30 min where you can see he ate full meal and than email from mother saying I again did not feed him.
Now what my approach should be - just replay - I did feed him properly according to recommendations bla bla bla. Or go deep with video and everything....

Any comments, advices?
Thx
Closed Thread