Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2017, 05:01 PM

hamster39 is on a distinguished road
Default Form 10A

After filing an application for divorce, I have heard from opposing counsel that they intend to "answer" my application. I have a good guess as to what new claims they will be making, and as part of that, I intend to file a reply (Form 10A) to their claims.

Currently, I have 3 full pages to counter 2 of their points, and I have briefly listed the reasons and also have cited cases whereby the Justice's ruled in my favour and support my claims.

Is that normal to cite a reply using previous cases to back up points? e.g. ___ v ____ (2016) ON SC? Or should I leave that out?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Is that normal to cite a reply using previous cases to back up points? e.g. ___ v ____ (2016) ON SC? Or should I leave that out?
You do not need to cite case law in your pleadings.