Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 10:33 AM

Wayne770 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Financial statement

I am back in court to have child support adjusted. When I fill out my financial statement do I need to include joint assets with my new spouse?
Since the divorce I met someone new, she had assets (property and bank accounts) and we have since made all the accounts joint. She will not consent to the Ex having access to her financials so am I legally allowed to exclude the joint assets from the financial statement?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2017, 02:26 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne770 View Post
I am back in court to have child support adjusted. When I fill out my financial statement do I need to include joint assets with my new spouse?
Since the divorce I met someone new, she had assets (property and bank accounts) and we have since made all the accounts joint. She will not consent to the Ex having access to her financials so am I legally allowed to exclude the joint assets from the financial statement?

Thanks
Nope, they go on. If they are joint accounts, you are half-owner of the asset, and must declare it. If your new spouse didn't want this to happen, she shouldn't have added you onto them.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

separate your accounts and assets, take your portion out (the lesser portion) and stick that in your financial statement.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:57 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne770 View Post

Thanks
If the accounts are joint, information about them is not just her financial information, it's your financial information too because you own half of the assets. If you want those assets excluded from your financial statement you need to make sure they're not partially yours, i.e. that her name is the only one on those assets.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:58 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

New question: my partner and I have no joint accounts BUT we split the bills with him paying the mortgage, taxes and insurance and me paying utilities and groceries. For his financial statement, do I halve the bills?
Old 05-23-2017, 05:14 PM

As far as I understand it, yes, that's what you do; he puts half of all the expenses on his financial statement.

Even if you have a different system worked out between yourselves, such as he pays utilities and you pay mortgage and don't worry if it isn't perfectly equal, he still puts half the expenses on the disclosure.

His expenses are less for being shared with another earning adult.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:16 PM

Ok thanks.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:03 PM

Another question!

Theres a line that says "support for other children", does his cs go in there or is it applicable on the financial statement?

(Yes he has a lawyer but we're doing as much paperwork as possible to save money as lawyer is traveling for the case).
Old 05-25-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Another question!

Theres a line that says "support for other children", does his cs go in there or is it applicable on the financial statement?

(Yes he has a lawyer but we're doing as much paperwork as possible to save money as lawyer is traveling for the case).
I'm thinking that would be if he pays CS for other children, not the ones involved in the court action at hand. CS for a previous child in a previous order would be a predetermined expense, as much as the utility bill is, for determining the financial picture for a new order for different children.

That's only a guess though. Definitely do more research.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:52 PM

Ok

I thought it was weird she didnt put cs on her forms.