Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2017, 02:42 PM

Vector is on a distinguished road
Default Finally Moving

Anyway I can make sure my ex does not try to get an apartment in the same complex (multiple buildings) I just rented in? Custody is being contested, residency has not been determined for when we finally more out of matrimonial home however kids have told her they want to live with me. OCL involvment pendy.

Do judges encourage that kind of proximity? I am very opposed to her potentially following me to the same apartment complex 'for the benefit of the kids'. I don't want them thinking they can run back and forth at their whim, or that she can take advantage of the proximity to deviate from whatever access and sharing schedules get determined.

Took me 15 months to get her in front of a judge after initially offering to do things collaboratively without any cooperation and during that time she followed me to same institution for person banking.

Any thoughts aside from just withholding that information as long as I can?
Old 06-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Restraining order?

Maybe become best friends with the superintendent and/or owner? Pay them some cash ?

Old 06-29-2017, 03:29 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Probably not... unless you have a restraining order on your ex. She is permitted to rent where she wishes and many parents live in close proximity to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2017, 10:26 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

As mentioned above, no. Not without a restraining order preventing the ex from being within a certain distance of you. We have freedom of movement in Canada, thus a person is allowed to live where they want.

Also, unless there is fear of violence or harassment, a restraining order would be unlikely. And I doubt a judge would look kindly on the reasoning of your argument that the ex is too close to the kids. The ex's argument of being close is in the kids best interests is actually logical and generally encouraged.