Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2016, 10:34 AM

m-chan68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Welcome to the effed up entity that is FRO. If you have a vindictive ex intent on making you suffer, FRO is an excellent way of doing so.

They would have sent a letter. Call the number, speak to someone and get it all sorted out. Hes not the first and he wont be the last.
For the very reasons outlined above, if I were in that situation I probably would be CC'ing any copies of correspondence on your part to FRO, to the ombudsman and the media as well. The higher up the food chain so to speak, the better. Individuals, agencies (and yes, I would think government agencies included) don't like negative attention drawn to them for any wrongdoings on their part.

My arrangement is exactly the same as the OP's. My EX has been very vocal about having support payments deposited even one day late. I just let her flap her gums to the wind.....
Old 11-12-2016, 11:48 AM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Be sure you include documentation showing that the amount Dad sent Mom was the correct amount (e.g. if Dad was sending Mom $800 per month, be sure to include a copy of the divorce order saying that Dad would pay Mom the amount owing under the child support guidelines, as well as Dad's tax returns for the years Mom is disputing, as well as the calculations showing that for someone of Dad's income, province and number of kids, $800 is the amount that the guidelines produce). Just having proof that Dad sent $800 every month to Mom isn't much use if you don't have proof that $800 was amount he should have been paying. It sounds like Mom may be claiming that he underpaid CS, so Dad needs to show that he didn't.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:35 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You should have been sent an arrears statement. More than likely she submitted the court order with the cs amount in it and claimed it hasnt been paid. Once you call to formally dispute it they will tell you what they require. It will more than likely be a bank statement showing the amount.

My partners ex submitted an arrears statement where she listed what he hadnt paid. He called his caseworker who put a hold on the enforcement and then he submitted a letter outlining why it wasnt an eligible arrears claim. Their agreement is vague on items and also listed that s7 was subject to a net cost calculation. FRO does not calculate anything and they accepted his dispute and removed the arrears.

Its a very straightforward process and you need to get in contact with the caseworker. People pull this crap all the time.

You may also want to log the complaint with the ombudsman office since they did a big news story about the volume of complaints about FRO and the issues they have with enforcement. The story they went with publicly was a man who was jailed for not paying after they had sent letters to a wrong address.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:39 PM

lizlemon is on a distinguished road

Thanks again for all the info. It relieves some of my stress. I'm so tired of these weasel exes lying and thinking they are going to get away with it. It's been hell for us for ten years. I feel for everyone going through this.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:55 PM

m-chan68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlemon View Post
I'm so tired of these weasel exes lying and thinking they are going to get away with it. It's been hell for us for ten years. I feel for everyone going through this.
Trust me. I can relate very well. Mine has been on ODSP since we parted ways. She certainly has caused enough hell and tension with my current partner of 13 years now. I'm in the midst of hopefully nipping things in the bud with mine. But if I were your partner, I would log exact dates and times of ALL correspondence with them, along with getting the names of all you've dealt with. Keep records, and be prepared to CC all correspondence to everyone as I've advised above.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:36 PM

kidswerestolen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlemon View Post
Fro has never recieved money from us. We have never dealt with them. My husband pays child support directly into her account from his account. She put in a arrears form to fro for 22 thousand dollars , which equals two years. She's obviously lying because we have all dates and amounts. This is our first contact with fro.
I just received a letter yesterday stating I am $6400 in arrears for spousal support (thus far in 2016).
I have been sending my ex wife and EMT every week for both child and spousal support and have both the bank records as well as the email generated receipt that they have been cashed.

Why are they not reprimanded for lying?

The system is broken
Old 11-18-2016, 01:10 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Apparently with lizlemon it was a case of FRO doing some housecleaning paperwork and even though your order was never filed, they still got it and because they have no proof of the payment, they are listing it as arrears.

Youll need to contact FRO and then provide the proof.

Also, call the ombudsmans office. They launched an investigation into FRO and made recommendations on improvements which has now led to this. They should have done a bit more work in their "housecleaning" and maybe gotten rid of a few useless people/policies.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:32 PM

lizlemon is on a distinguished road

Yes , sorry I have been a bit busy these days with trying to get this resolved.
The ex wasn't lying this time around. When they filed the court settlement my husband has with his ex , they both did not withdraw from fro. They are on a blitz right now because the Ombudsman office is trying to correct FRO. There is a podcast on cbc.radio right now about this.