Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2016, 02:19 PM

sens19 is on a distinguished road
Default Extention for financial disclosure has been missed ...now what ?

At my first case conference my ex's lawyer asked for and received a 1 month extension for her to provide her financial disclosure to me ( tax returns etc ).

Well that 1 month has come and gone and I never received anything from them . Since I am self representing , do they not have to serve the documents to me within those 30 days ?

I have not yet been able to check with the court to see if the file clerk has received anything either .

Is it possible for her side to only file them with the court and not myself as well ?

How can I prepare for my next case conference if they keep stalling ?

Any advice is appreciated .
Old 12-06-2016, 03:04 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Motion for the disclosure and ask for costs.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:11 AM

sens19 is on a distinguished road

Thank you

OK, so would a Form 20 apply here or do I need a different form ?
Old 12-07-2016, 12:42 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens19 View Post
Thank you

OK, so would a Form 20 apply here or do I need a different form ?
I would recommend that you serve a Form 20 on the other party with the detailed financial ask. (See my post here: http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...nancial-17239/)

After the time frame outlined on Form 20 is ignored/missed you then file a motion and simply attach the Form 20 with the notice of service etc... and ask the court to order what was requested in accordance with Form 20. (I think it is 30 days.)

You just need to serve the Form 20 on the other party and it does not go into the continuing record. It will go in if you have to bring a motion and attach it as evidence to an affidavit. Make sure you courier the Form 20 that gets you a receipt that the document was served. Don't play the "I didn't get the document" game with the lawyer.

Good Luck!
Tayken