Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2015, 07:03 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
she and her mother called CAS after my FIRST court ordered visit (in their home with them present) saying I had physically, sexually and emotionally abused our infant son (then six months old) yelling at him, leaving bruises on his legs and head, causing him to scream and cover his privates during diaper changes after I left.
Wow!! You were able to physically, emotionally and sexually abuse your son leaving marks on your first visit, supervised by them both. This is incredible. CAS investigated and all rubbish of course. This stuff is so disgusting. I can tell you that judges are smart and hate this BS. They rely on evidence .. not disgruntled ex's and their mother's.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:33 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

My partners ex and her mother (and her siblings) are tag teams. It seems to be the case in many divorces. Listen to the advice about the recording device and bringing a neutral friend. Your ex probably wants to play a sob story in the hopes you will feel sorry and renege or by having a face to face she can claim you agreed. Heck you can even respond that youre not comfortable discussing this face to face and would prefer it in writing. You understand the complication with expressing herself and you will try to see the fact of her questions regardless of tone.

My partners ex used to call him up to either beg or scream at him, he started screening and hanging up on her "I asked that all correspondence be done in writing, please revert to email for this conversation" *click*. Your OTS was in writing. Why cant she respond with an email? Hell her lawyer could draft it?

Im with you on being wary. After 20 years my partner still cant understand some of the things his ex has pulled so he's ALWAYS on the defense and expecting that its a game.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:52 PM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
My partners ex and her mother (and her siblings) are tag teams. It seems to be the case in many divorces. Listen to the advice about the recording device and bringing a neutral friend. Your ex probably wants to play a sob story in the hopes you will feel sorry and renege or by having a face to face she can claim you agreed. Heck you can even respond that youre not comfortable discussing this face to face and would prefer it in writing. You understand the complication with expressing herself and you will try to see the fact of her questions regardless of tone.

My partners ex used to call him up to either beg or scream at him, he started screening and hanging up on her "I asked that all correspondence be done in writing, please revert to email for this conversation" *click*. Your OTS was in writing. Why cant she respond with an email? Hell her lawyer could draft it?

Im with you on being wary. After 20 years my partner still cant understand some of the things his ex has pulled so he's ALWAYS on the defense and expecting that its a game.
EXACTLY Rockscan! A sob story or a con job of some kind is all I expect from her at this point. If she can't tear me down with false allegations, I feel like she's hoping to suck me back into her alternate universe long enough to get her way.

From past experience, when my ex acts too nice towards me (like a normal person would), it gives me the creeps and I immediately wonder what the two of them have cooked up.

Actually, I did respond that I felt more comfortable with discussing things in writing and even suggested she could use the emails/texts for reference with her lawyer and after I stood my ground, she hasn't even bothered to text me back and no email either.

It will be interesting to see how she and her mother act when I pick toddler son up tomorrow morning for the day. Will she or won't she say anything?

If she was being genuine in wanting us to sit down and talk about the OTS, she should bring it up. If she was playing me and has figured out I'm not going to take the bait, then she won't mention it ever again.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:25 PM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road

I went with my dad this morning to pick up toddler son and ex was pleasant (of course her mother was there). She didn't say ANYTHING about having questions about terms in the OTS or ask me to set up a time to meet with her later.

This leads me to believe that the request to sit down was not for real and only an attempt to and suck me back into her world or at least feel sorry for her.

The only thing she talked about this morning, aside from info about kid, was telling me she has been taking kid to a mom & tot group being run in her townhouse complex, which I think is GREAT. It is a huge step for her to attend something public (without her mother!).

She and her mother are very reclusive and don't socialize hardly at all within the community. She didn't even attend prenatal classes before toddler son was born and hardly ever took him outdoors until this spring.

Toddler son and I go to the local early years centre regularly, participating in a preschool nursery rhyme and song class and we spend tons of time outdoors in the fresh air so he can play with other kids at the park and just run around in the sunshine being a kid. His social skills have come a long way over the last year of access visits.

I guess I will just move along to amending my application in prep for TMC and get that served and filed with the court.