Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2014, 10:09 AM

vocircuspants is on a distinguished road
Default Ex hanging around w her new bf on my nights w kids

My ex has decided since no written agreement signed yet (tho we did verbally agree on shared custody months ago) that she can just hang out at our house with her new boyfriend whenever she feels like it. They were here last night cooking supper and playing music. FML. This is my time with the kids.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:17 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocircuspants View Post
My ex has decided since no written agreement signed yet (tho we did verbally agree on shared custody months ago) that she can just hang out at our house with her new boyfriend whenever she feels like it. They were here last night cooking supper and playing music. FML. This is my time with the kids.
This is exactly what happened to me. If she is on title to the house there is ZERO you can do about it.

My advice to you is to be as NICE as possible (overly nice even)... She is doing it to piss you off. Don't let her know it bugs you

My ex tried this tactic...It didn't work.

Unfortunately this is a new fact of reality there will be new people in your lives.

EDIT: Sound like you guys are still living in the same house... DO NOT MOVE OUT if you want a relationship with your kids.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:23 AM

we're about to sign a house sharing agreement (one week on/off). i'm fine with her having new bf (I have a new friend also). it's the intrusion on my time with the kids. Yes, I know she's doing it to piss me off.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocircuspants View Post
we're about to sign a house sharing agreement (one week on/off). i'm fine with her having new bf (I have a new friend also). it's the intrusion on my time with the kids. Yes, I know she's doing it to piss me off.
Be very careful with this idea and I personally would sleep there every night until you have a sign and complete separation agreement. She may try something funny one of the weeks you are gone.

She owns half the house and can live there whenever she wants, just as you can.

I highly recommend against this idea. Do you have a lawyer?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:31 AM

Yes I do have a lawyer. I'm not happy with him though and am looking to switch. I don't like this idea either but it's either this or take a chance on what a judge would rule. Thanks for the advice. What kind of "funny" things could she try?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 AM

Sent you a PM.

She could try and claim you moved out one of the weeks.. Although having a signed agreement would help.

I would ask why you would agree to this and not make it final????

If you agree to 50/50...Why not make it final and get your own place now instead of this "nesting" arrangement.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

To me, this is pretty simple to fix. Simply spend your access time with the kids away from the house.

I spent all my access time during my in-home separation with my D at my mom's house.

Arrange to take the kids to outings...ie, library, movie...or go to a friend's or relatives house.

In-home separations are difficult especially when one person is trying to antagonize the other...you really need to find pro-active ways to reduce the tension, especially to the kids.