Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2015, 12:45 PM

Busch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
The thing is that one's ex is likely enjoying all the attention. Small penis individuals take great pleasure in having their women folk squabble over things while they hide behind their skirts.
OMG Arabian you have me rolling!! Have you met my EX?!? Thank you for that! I needed a good laugh.....now I clean tea off of my laptop!
Old 06-23-2015, 01:44 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Emailing your husband's/boyfriend's ex-wife (or creeping her on Facebook or Twitter, or otherwise inserting yourself into the negotiations between two distinct adults) is the very definition of "get a life". There's a fine line between "supporting my husband/boyfriend/partner in his conflicts with his terrible ex" and "amping up the drama for my own reasons", and this line appears to get crossed with distressing frequency.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:49 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

My partner likes to think I enjoy the turmoil--I dont. But I do hate how his ex, her family, the kids, friends etc manipulate him and I DO step in and say to him "can you give it 24 hours before responding" or possibly "lets sleep on it and decide in the morning". Everything is ultimately his decision, I try to say to him "heres your side, heres her side, heres what the kids are probably thinking" or I remind him what his therapist said. When it comes to emails I will read them for spelling mistakes or emotional warfare so he keeps it short and to the point. I dont take it upon myself to email his kids/ex, or anyone else. Thats all his business. I spend time with his kids and we talk generally about life but Im not their step mother, their co parent or a member of their family. I am their dads partner. If they came to me for advice I would tell them to discuss with their parents. His life is his own life. Our life is our life. Does it make me crazy? Yes. Have I gotten very upset? Absolutely. Do I want to punch her in her smug manipulative obnoxious face? Well Im sure you can answer that. But it is what it is and he is tied to this woman for life. IM NOT.

It sounds like your ex is a spineless weasel who has a controlling new wife who tells him how things are going to be and thats that. Hes probably terrified of her and lets her do whatever. All shes doing is hurting him in the end so give her as much rope as she needs.