Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2015, 02:21 PM

Winter is on a distinguished road

I am very happy to be of help, Busch. This can all be very frustrating and disheartening and overwhelming -- especially when you are a single mother

Your situation is very similar to mine -- except I have been dealing with non-disclosure for more than eight years now and have more than $60,000 owed to me in arrears.

You need to do a very clear and simple affidavit in support of your motion for summary judgement. List the changes he is claiming one by one and after each, show/argue why that change is not material. Attach any supporting evidence you have as exhibits.

The rules/laws you use will depend on which Act the terms of your order cite -- are they pursuant to the Family Law Act or the Divorce Act?

The information you got from the judge re:FRO not being able to garnish your ex because he is self-employed is NOT correct. FRO can garnish any income source. Clients are income sources. They can and do garnish payments owed to self-employed payors by clients.

If you were only very recently registered with FRO, your ex may not be paying you directly anymore because he cannot. The info package you should have received from them states very clearly that he must pay them and stop paying you. It can take several months for them to register your payment info and forward payments to you.

And yes, you can ask for costs. Keep track of your copying costs, postage, etc.