Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Jouie is on a distinguished road
Default Divorce order signed but...

Hi everybody! I went to the courthouse yesterday to check the status of my application (I sent my form 25A back in December 18, 2013). After giving my court file number the clerk said that my divorce order was signed by the judge March 10, 2014 but I have not received it yet. Do you know approximately how long it takes from the time a judge signs it until an applicant receives this divorce order back? I want to celebrate but not until I have it in front of me. Hopefully this is finally it!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:19 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouie View Post
Hi everybody! I went to the courthouse yesterday to check the status of my application (I sent my form 25A back in December 18, 2013). After giving my court file number the clerk said that my divorce order was signed by the judge March 10, 2014 but I have not received it yet. Do you know approximately how long it takes from the time a judge signs it until an applicant receives this divorce order back? I want to celebrate but not until I have it in front of me. Hopefully this is finally it!
My original signed court order took 3 months. My divorce order took 2.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:31 AM

Dear FB,
Can you please explain briefly what you mean by original court order?
The clerk said my divorce order was already signed by I will receive it soon but receive it when is my question.
Thank you.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:22 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouie View Post
Dear FB,
Can you please explain briefly what you mean by original court order?
The clerk said my divorce order was already signed by I will receive it soon but receive it when is my question.
Thank you.
My original court order was to settle Custody/Access/Equalization/Support

I later filed my divorce paperwork attaching my court order above.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:01 PM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

you could also make a copy of the order from the file and have the clerk certify it for $3.50 per page
Old 03-20-2014, 02:46 PM

Thank you so much. I will go back to the courthouse and make sure if the order is the original or the divorce one. I thought that when the clerk said the order has been signed I quickly assume that it was the divorce order as I simultaneously applied both of them. We agreed on all terms on the access equalization etc.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:55 PM

Default Finally... The good news!

Hi everyone, I just want to thank everybody here for their inputs. What an awesome, awesome forum. I've learned so much! It would not have been an easy journey for me if not for the great tips from you guys.
I AM FINALLY DIVORCED! If you have read my posts, you would see the timeline, from the day I moved out of the matrimonial house to my submission of the divorce order. To make the long story short, I submitted the divorce order on December 18, 2013. I posted here asking questions why I still had not received it and a few advised me to go to court to check it out, which I did! But I was asked to wait for it in the mail which I never received so Sahibjee advised me to go and request for a copy of the order:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibjee View Post
you could also make a copy of the order from the file and have the clerk certify it for $3.50 per page
I went back, and lo and behold, Sahibjee was right! I now have a copy of my divorce order and certificate. Divorce order was signed January 17, 2014 (that was fast), finalized February 17, 2014. I really really appreciate your helpful posts here.

Good luck to those who are still seeking their way to freedom.