Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default Delayed Judgements

In your experiences, if a judge delays a decision (it's taking weeks) was it indicative that the judge was happy with the status quo and so they were in no rush (i.e: they later ruled to keep the status quo).

I was in court on Dec 7 and still no judgement yet...

Case is a bit complex but I get a bad feeling that the judge is in no rush because they are "happy" how things are.... which is bad for me.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:47 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Well Mr. "Hands of Justice" if I were ruling on a case for you I would take my time for fear that my decision be appealed. You've probably got their attention and they just want to be very, very careful so as to not make a mistake in law.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:36 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

It's only be 2 weeks Links... with the holiday season, I am sure things are slow. However, Arabian may be onto something, not everything is going to go how you want it to, so the judge may want to ensure there is nothing that can be appealed. Keep positive

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2015, 02:10 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
In your experiences, if a judge delays a decision (it's taking weeks) was it indicative that the judge was happy with the status quo and so they were in no rush (i.e: they later ruled to keep the status quo).

I was in court on Dec 7 and still no judgement yet...

Case is a bit complex but I get a bad feeling that the judge is in no rush because they are "happy" how things are.... which is bad for me.
If there is indeed going to be a change the judge will outline the change orally and get something ordered then go back and take time to write the decision. If there is no issuing of findings then I would put my money on that there won't be a big sweeping change.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:45 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
If there is indeed going to be a change the judge will outline the change orally and get something ordered then go back and take time to write the decision. If there is no issuing of findings then I would put my money on that there won't be a big sweeping change.
In my appeal where there was a total blowout of the other party, the judges reserved their judgement till the next day without any hint on who won. In this case my position seemed WAY better than my ex-wife and I was more confident than at the end of my appeal.

I think it might be more that there is no particular rush for the changes to happen as we already have a "judgement" and this a modification of the existing one. Whether it happens this week or next week, it has little practical importance in the long term.