Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2016, 10:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 212
hopefull is on a distinguished road
Default

Errrr...really, are you sure about that ???? As for your ex in 60k legal debt, I'm sure she will find some dude to shack up with / with her, and then siphon his money into an account to pay that off.

Most people remarrying use this tactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Delays for financial matters are generally irrelevant - the decisions can easily be retroactive to the day the motion was filed and for child support 3yrs prior unless you are worried the person is throwing away assets (then you file an emergency motion).

It's a free country, I can say what I want.

My goal is to destabilize the family court system so that it stops becoming the family shakedown system it is.

One of the ways is by having self-represented litigants flood the system - refusing to destroy their futures by paying outrageous legal fees .

People overestimate what is required to self-represent - sure I am an exceptional litigant but for the majority of matters its very simple.

Child support is public order which means that in almost any condition the judge has to do what's right for the child or even unfair if it benefits the child.

I make mistakes too but the system is way more forgiving.

All you pretty much do is COPY-PASTE from existing case-law.

"Hey Judge, look at this judgement - now you have to do what happened here"

The amount people will lose by self-representing is LESS than they lose by paying lawyers unless they are very rich.

Instead of sitting on your fat asses watching Americal Idol, research shit - prep your arguments and pay lawyers 100$ fees to review a document.

Judges and lawyers have 0 math literacy and its critically important for family law but they get away with it.

p.s: my initial catastrophic event was unavoidable because of the way quebec law is. One of the terribly unfair things that only exist as a "loophole"
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2016, 10:54 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

I am hoping she never pays the lawyer - she may prostitute herself off to pay the legal fees but I think its probable/possible her lawyers knew that if they couldn't beat me they werent going to get paid from the broke ass tramp. I want the lawyer to suffer.

Yes, I can say what I want - The second lowest form of fighting evil is speaking against it.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 212
hopefull is on a distinguished road
Default

1. Are you saying you were married to a tramp?

2. That doesn't seem to be working well for the Donald Trump

Some bad Hombres out there waiting to receive SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I am hoping she never pays the lawyer - she may prostitute herself off to pay the legal fees but I think its probable/possible her lawyers knew that if they couldn't beat me they werent going to get paid from the broke ass tramp. I want the lawyer to suffer.

Yes, I can say what I want - The second lowest form of fighting evil is speaking against it.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2016, 06:55 PM
Janus's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,298
Janus will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
One of the ways is by having self-represented litigants flood the system - refusing to destroy their futures by paying outrageous legal fees.
I agree with you, the problem is that the individual risk is so high. This is much like people paying a real-estate agent to sell their house. We can sell anything else, but if we want to sell our house we need to spend $20,000? I can probably sell the house by myself, but making a mistake on a $500,000 item is too big of a risk for me to take. I am only going to sell my house a couple of times in my life, I don't want things to go awry.

That is divorce. The lawyers are clearly overpaid, but the risk of self-representing is very high. Most people cannot assume that risk.

Quote:
Judges and lawyers have 0 math literacy and its critically important for family law but they get away with it.
I think the problem is that the lawyers who can handle math go to more lucrative branches of law.

It is rather disheartening to read cases on Canlii that have actual mathematical errors. Lawyers having trouble with math I can accept, but the judges? Family law is all about numbers and money, rarely is it truly about custody. How can you judge family law if you can't grasp the numerical concepts?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2016, 07:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 212
hopefull is on a distinguished road
Default

You mean like this guy and some of his other peers....how can you police the law if you are breaking it yourself?




Quote:
A veteran Peel Regional Police officer has been demoted after being convicted of drinking and driving and later trying to get behind the wheel even though a court order prohibited him from doing so.



In a disciplinary hearing which heard that Const. Alex Metallinos failed to "uphold the law and protect public safety," Supt. Colleen Fawcett, the hearing officer, demoted the 13-year officer to Second Class Constable from First Class constable for nine months.



The Oct. 6 decision came after Metallinos pleaded guilty to two Police Services Act charges of discreditable conduct.

Peel cop demoted after drunk driving conviction in bizarre encounter with OPP




Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I agree with you, the problem is that the individual risk is so high. This is much like people paying a real-estate agent to sell their house. We can sell anything else, but if we want to sell our house we need to spend $20,000? I can probably sell the house by myself, but making a mistake on a $500,000 item is too big of a risk for me to take. I am only going to sell my house a couple of times in my life, I don't want things to go awry.

That is divorce. The lawyers are clearly overpaid, but the risk of self-representing is very high. Most people cannot assume that risk.



I think the problem is that the lawyers who can handle math go to more lucrative branches of law.

It is rather disheartening to read cases on Canlii that have actual mathematical errors. Lawyers having trouble with math I can accept, but the judges? Family law is all about numbers and money, rarely is it truly about custody. How can you judge family law if you can't grasp the numerical concepts?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefull View Post
1. Are you saying you were married to a tramp?

2. That doesn't seem to be working well for the Donald Trump

Some bad Hombres out there waiting to receive SS
Well, she was a virgin - so not by your standards.....

But she was always a flirt but she just chased me relentlessly until I caved in. Deep down she is a tramp (due to how she was raised, lack of love etc....) and her betrayals not just of me but of her friends (screwing around with her friends husband) and family (screwing around with her cousin, and a spouse of a cousin) officially put her in the ranks of "homewrecker".

If you stay silent injustice continues.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2016, 11:08 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I agree with you, the problem is that the individual risk is so high. This is much like people paying a real-estate agent to sell their house. We can sell anything else, but if we want to sell our house we need to spend $20,000? I can probably sell the house by myself, but making a mistake on a $500,000 item is too big of a risk for me to take. I am only going to sell my house a couple of times in my life, I don't want things to go awry.

That is divorce. The lawyers are clearly overpaid, but the risk of self-representing is very high. Most people cannot assume that risk.



I think the problem is that the lawyers who can handle math go to more lucrative branches of law.

It is rather disheartening to read cases on Canlii that have actual mathematical errors. Lawyers having trouble with math I can accept, but the judges? Family law is all about numbers and money, rarely is it truly about custody. How can you judge family law if you can't grasp the numerical concepts?
Its truly FUD..... (Fear Uncertainty Doubt).

The reality is most lawyers can't help a father win shared custody because it has much more to do with your out of court strategy and lawyers couldn't be bothered to guide you in terms of a winning strategy. They just get you to court, represent you, you win, you lose, you pay, whatever, rinse and repeat.

When you represent yourself, you read case law you see how others failed or did not fail to get shared custody and you change your strategy. If i didn't see so many fathers fail getting shared custody because of "poor relationship with the mother" I would have treated my ex-wife very different. I am very BIFF with her and don't diss her in front of the kids and I come here and Rant about the slut instead anyways (which is very therapeutic).

Most of the issues are pretty clear and if you go in front of a judge (not make settlement). Generally you might get a "bit more screwed" but the judge is limited by things like CSG, SSAG etc...

Virtually, every single hearing I have been (where possible) the judges have made math errors and I even tried in the last instance to correct it but the judge disagreed and I didn't feel like pursuing it.

Last edited by Links17; 10-29-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 212
hopefull is on a distinguished road
Default

...wow, there seems to be a lot of this happening lately from people's personal stories. Some people want attention/sex so bad that they don't care who they hurt in the process, even if that includes their friends

It's not just those wearing clear heels and short skirts on the side of the road that fall into the S.L.U.T category these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Well, she was a virgin - so not by your standards.....

But she was always a flirt but she just chased me relentlessly until I caved in. Deep down she is a tramp (due to how she was raised, lack of love etc....) and her betrayals not just of me but of her friends (screwing around with her friends husband) and family (screwing around with her cousin, and a spouse of a cousin) officially put her in the ranks of "homewrecker".

If you stay silent injustice continues.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delay Tactics With Filing Answer thebookworm Divorce & Family Law 0 05-13-2015 06:38 PM
claiming costs for work done on jointly held properties after valuation puravida Financial Issues 4 04-25-2013 06:38 PM
Chance of delay? HappyMomma Divorce & Family Law 7 11-29-2012 12:31 PM
Delay Tactics Kenny General Chat 6 02-17-2011 08:04 PM
Kicked out - no money, no work permit, no help phaidros52 Financial Issues 8 12-07-2005 06:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 AM.