Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2017, 12:39 PM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default custodial parent not communicating during OCL investigation

friends,

presently, the custodial parent is not communicating with me on any issues effecting our child. Recently learned about a unilateral education decision through the school (no communication whatsoever from other parent) and even more recently an email from the child counsellor about an appointment that took place last week, only as a payment was due which I pay the counsellor directly. I usually pay the counsellor in advance of the appointment but couldn't this time as I only learned about it a week later from the counsellor.

Basically, other parent is not involving me in the decisions or informing of things that take place, and I am learning about them from 3rd parties after the fact, usually when payments are due.

Is this something I should mention with the counsellor (that I didn't know a appointment was schedule) or just pay the counsellor and raise with the OCL? IT will be raised with the OCL regardless but wondering if counsellor should know as well?
Old 09-29-2017, 12:16 PM

foreverhome is on a distinguished road

You can't make her to communicate with you directly against her wishes. Your only option is through 3rd party. Ask child's teachers to inform you about any changes. Also you can communicate through lawyers. It's pricey, but I don't see any other options.