Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
Generally, subsidized daycare must be used. There are a certain number of allowed "missed" days per year, after which the parent with the subsidy pays for the daycare they didn't use. It also puts the entire subsidy at risk.
Thank god, for once and for all, a lawyer knows how child care subsidy works.

Other parent is wanting to share those costs for missed days, which have totalled like 300 through the year. It does put subsidy at risk and so they use it to limit my access.

Thoughts ?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:12 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Other parent is wanting to share those costs for missed days, which have totalled like 300 through the year.
Why were the days missed?

Quote:
a lawyer knows
DISCLAIMER:
Everything said in this, and any other, message is not intended to be taken as legal advice. I do not hold myself out to be a lawyer, adult or literate. Any resemblance this or any other message may have to legal advice or common sense is entirely coincidental. This message was generated through the combination of a monkey hitting a keyboard with a rock and advanced spell check software.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
Why were the days missed?
A combination of me and other parent having access when child is to be at daycare, as per subsidy requirements.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:31 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
A combination of me and other parent having access when child is to be at daycare, as per subsidy requirements.
If you both used up the days then it would seem reasonable to split the cost.

A more complicated formula/method could be worked out through reasonable negotiations (such as who gets to burn through how many days, and each parent is responsible for cost beyond that, for example).