Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2017, 10:39 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

His formal offer to settle: "His offer puts him just under 40%. He wants to pay zero daycare and cut his support payment almost in half. So no, he's not asking for 50/50."

Can't get much clearer unless the poster scans and posts the actual letter.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:04 AM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That just his offer tho - you should always offer less than what you are asking for. If he is offering to settle for less than 40% then Ange would accept as she would get full child support. He is also proposing that child support end at age of 18 as part of that offer - which Ange won't accept. Ange wants less than 40% and CS past age of 18. THis doesn't mean that he is not seeking over 40% on motion/trial.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:06 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
His formal offer to settle: "His offer puts him just under 40%. He wants to pay zero daycare and cut his support payment almost in half. So no, he's not asking for 50/50."

Can't get much clearer unless the poster scans and posts the actual letter.
Says quite clearly on her first post that the letter asked for 50/50 ... also all throughout her posts... I just don't want to be quoting all day.....I figured her first post wss enough. Lol
Old 06-23-2017, 11:22 AM

Angie has written stuff like the following all throughout her threads..
Quote:
I have a hard time just saying here have your kids 50/50 after what he's been doing to me
But now he's never asked for 50/50?

Okay .. I'll play the game ... he's never asked for 50/50. Lol

In the end ... I truly hope it all works out for you Angie. You honestly don't sound like a bad person. You've somehow got some great ppl here wrapped around your finger so perhaps you will do well in court after all.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:23 AM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Beat out of submission for an equal relationship with his children. Good job ... you win Ange. Happens all the time. If I was the dad I wouldn't have given up. More dads should follow suit IMO.

On the other hand .. I agree with your position on all the expenses stuff when kids are older. Stick to your guns on that. Just not denying an equal relationship. That was garbage.
You don't know what's going through this father's head. You wouldn't have given up, and more dads shouldn't, but he did. What does that tell you about his motivation? It sounds like his lawyer was the one pushing for 50-50 in the first place, probably as a standard negotiation technique of always asking for more than you want.

As for the matter at hand, accept the parts of his offer that you can live with, and counter-offer the parts you can't accept with a reasonable setup, like, say, following the law for when CS ends.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
You don't know what's going through this father's head. You wouldn't have given up, and more dads shouldn't, but he did. What does that tell you about his motivation? It sounds like his lawyer was the one pushing for 50-50 in the first place, probably as a standard negotiation technique of always asking for more than you want.

As for the matter at hand, accept the parts of his offer that you can live with, and counter-offer the parts you can't accept with a reasonable setup, like, say, following the law for when CS ends.
He even moved closer to kids school .. That tells me quite a bit about his motivation Rioe.
He probably knew status quo wasn't in his favor....and moms recording kids, and not budging.

He probably just didn't want to put the kids through a huge war over a few % increase to 50/50. Mom was willing to unfortunately. Lets just not pretend he never asked for 50/50 .. geez.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:31 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Let it go!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 11:37 AM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
He even moved closer to kids school .. That tells me quite a bit about his motivation Rioe.
He probably knew status quo wasn't in his favor....and moms recording kids, and not budging.

He probably just didn't want to put the kids through a huge war over a few % increase to 50/50. Mom was willing to unfortunately. Lets just not pretend he never asked for 50/50 .. geez.
You do realize that Ange is not going to accept his offer right? (there is a reason why he wrote it that way).
Old 06-23-2017, 11:40 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:

he probably got a better deal on a home that happened to be closer to the kid's school.

he probablyfigured that as long as he has to take the kids sometimes he would save money on gas by moving closer to the kid's school

he probably moved closer to the kid's schools just to annoy the mother.

and so on.......

I can "speculate" just as well as you can.... L O L
Old 06-23-2017, 12:39 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Go back and read that post. The agreement expired and he was supposed to update cs. HE DIDN'T. When pressed to update, he asked for 50/50.

Now that he's mired in the case, he's STILL asking to pay less and have less time.

Like I said LF 32, not the case for your soap box, let it go.

This is accurate. The lawyer sent me a proposed agreement back then that suggested 50/50 among other things. It wasn't a formal offer to settle. This was based on his finding out he needed to increase support - or at least it corresponded with the exact time this was occurring. The ONLY formal offer I have received is the one requesting almost 40%, no daycare, drastically reduced support and obligations ending at 18. He could very well go for 50/50 in court if it goes to trial. It's on the trial list now. We mediate next week so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk