Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2017, 11:25 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

All I know is that he requested an equal relationship many times and we have to be careful to assume its was all for money. There are dads who actually want to see their kids more. I think his moving closer to their school was a great example of that.

Regardless of what "perceived motives" are .. when a biological parent repeatedly asks for an equal relationship .. I strongly feel that it shouldn't be so easily refused and dismissed by the other parent. It's not impossible that he loves his kids and wants to see them more. I'm of the belief that he did. Too bad Angie didn't at least give it a whirl when he asked. I bet she would've been pleasantly surprised.

BTW .. nearly every post/thread that Angie does is about money .... so if dad's doing the same thing... looks like he's not the only one. Let's face it...money is a BIG part of it .. but I don't think it means any parent wants to see their child less in the end.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-22-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:47 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Save it for another person who needs your drum banging. This case is not a case for your soapbox.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:54 PM

Love ya Rock ;-)
Old 06-23-2017, 12:09 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

thanks LF. your motivating posts and extensive case law (and knowledge) did not only ensure I stick to 50-50 and not back down, it persuaded me to push for sole custody now . Anges ex might have backed down, but you can rest assure I won't.

Last edited by trinton; 06-23-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:13 AM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
No he came to her asking to reduce child support. He didn't lead with 50:50. Now his offer demonstrates where his priority lies. Any parent who has their children's best interests in mind doesn't try to shirk their responsibilities.

I was with you on the 50:50 at the start but this guy has demonstrated it was never about anything but money.

Not sure what LF is posting here as I still have him on my ignore list for obvious reasons but in the interest of the truth, you are right that he never requested 50/50 from the start. He wanted "more time". I said this was motivated by money from the start. I posted this because I couldn't believe that he wrote that he only wanted to support his kids until the age of majority in his agreement. Does anyone else here have that written in their agreement? I'd like to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Not sure what LF is posting here as I still have him on my ignore list for obvious reasons but in the interest of the truth, you are right that he never requested 50/50 from the start.
I'm surprised that nobody here cares that Angie makes things up as she goes along. Its truly a shame.

Her very first post: http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...e-court-20649/

Quote:
I then received a proposed new agreement from his lawyer suggesting he get 50-50
Yes he has asked for 50/50. What are you talking about? How do you have any credibility here?

In my threads I never went back on what I said. There were never any inconsistencies. I'm pointing them out every month here and nobody seems to care that she's straight out lying on the threads.

Yea .. I wouldn't want to be called out on lies either. I'd put me on ignore too and only talk to those stroking me.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-23-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yeah I'm pretty sure you said he was seeking 50-50 and posted threads asking about 40% and keeping him at 35% and such and wanting child support past the adult ages. who's really the one that is after the money here ?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:21 AM

Anyways ... in light of this thread .. no, her ex shouldn't stop paying later in life .. I'm with Angie on that one.

Just need to stop scheming, lying and twisting about the 50/50 equal relationship stuff. Remember that we can see old posts so don't change your story so much all the time.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:33 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Go back and read that post. The agreement expired and he was supposed to update cs. HE DIDN'T. When pressed to update, he asked for 50/50.

Now that he's mired in the case, he's STILL asking to pay less and have less time.

Like I said LF 32, not the case for your soap box, let it go.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:35 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

He initially had his lawyer send a letter requesting 50/50. Was this a "formal offer to settle"? No it was not. Then it is meaningless and not relevant whatsoever.

When it came time to formalizing things, in front of a judge, he requested less than 40%. That is all that matters. You can't twist this any other way.