Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2017, 05:24 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
My partners ex has filed a mtc to add additional years of support/s7 for school. His lawyer has said the courts order a fourth year in almost all cases. Your ex will be responsible for the kids as long as they are school. You just want to make sure your order is crystal clear so he cant weasel out of it.

Im curious though, did his ots waiver from his request for 50/50?

His offer puts him just under 40%. He wants to pay zero daycare and cut his support payment almost in half. So no, he's not asking for 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 05:36 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

And end support at 18? Wow, I cannot believe my partner is seen as a bad guy by his ex. She has no idea what she could have ended up with...
Old 06-21-2017, 05:48 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post
His offer puts him just under 40%. He wants to pay zero daycare and cut his support payment almost in half. So no, he's not asking for 50/50.

This was predictable.
Money thing for sure.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And end support at 18? Wow, I cannot believe my partner is seen as a bad guy by his ex. She has no idea what she could have ended up with...
Not making me feel better Rockscan
Old 06-22-2017, 06:35 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post

Counter with his access schedule requested, full CS based on you having primary access and state that CS will end when x,y or z happen. He will look foolish trying to get away with not paying CS

Old 06-22-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Counter with his access schedule requested, full CS based on you having primary access and state that CS will end when x,y or z happen. He will look foolish trying to get away with not paying CS

This is good advice.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Beat out of submission for an equal relationship with his children. Good job ... you win Ange. Happens all the time. If I was the dad I wouldn't have given up. More dads should follow suit IMO.

On the other hand .. I agree with your position on all the expenses stuff when kids are older. Stick to your guns on that. Just not denying an equal relationship. That was garbage.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Beat out of submission for an equal relationship with his children. Good job ... you win Ange. Happens all the time. If I was the dad I wouldn't have given up. More dads should follow suit IMO.

On the other hand .. I agree with your position on all the expenses stuff when kids are older. Stick to your guns on that. Just not denying an equal relationship. That was garbage.

This isn't fair LF32. He came to the table with this. You have done offers and you know what you can and cant do. If he truly wanted 50/50 he would have put it and left it and not wavered. He didn't have a schedule prior to his filing for 50/50 and now that it gets right down to it his offer is less than 40%.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This isn't fair LF32. He came to the table with this. You have done offers and you know what you can and cant do. If he truly wanted 50/50 he would have put it and left it and not wavered. He didn't have a schedule prior to his filing for 50/50 and now that it gets right down to it his offer is less than 40%.
I wont get too off topic here Rock..

But in my books .. moving closer to the child's school, setting up an amazing family life and repeatedly being turned down for an equal relationship with his children is "not fair" in my books.

He's beaten down .. done fighting for it....I see it all the time in canlii and other stories. He did what Angie wanted and gave up to avoid the heartache and frustration of being told no to an equal relationship.

He asked for 50/50 for a good, long while Rock and was rejected. The guys done with all this high conflict, unneeded BS and he just wants it to be over...like many. Angie's the boss here and she said no equal relationship. He doesn't want the fight. Some can take the emotional beatings...some can not. He couldn't.

The day will come when 50/50 is default if no abuse/addictions, etc and onus will be on the parent to prove why the other bio parent isn't good enough for an equal relationship instead of this gross stuff. I cant wait for that day.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:19 AM

No he came to her asking to reduce child support. He didn't lead with 50:50. Now his offer demonstrates where his priority lies. Any parent who has their children's best interests in mind doesn't try to shirk their responsibilities.

I was with you on the 50:50 at the start but this guy has demonstrated it was never about anything but money.