Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 AM

elaineb13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

My ex had the same issue. His name was not on his son's birth certificate and it made it very challenging with fighting for custody, getting a passport, etc. She had taken him to court stating that he was withholding her son from her. In the response, it was a question regarding the childs safety and a home study was requested and ordered by the court. In the response though, it was indicated that she had not put his name on the childs birth certificate and had refused to sign passport documents. She was ordered on a Tuesday to have his name on the birth certificate by that Friday and she was ordered to sign the passport documents right there in front of the judge.

We had to show in emails that she was not forth coming and lied quite often and was not trustworthing. No communication on the telephone. Everything was polite, but by email so there was a trail. It was proven that she lied frequently about her wherabouts with the child and who was around the child as well. Since then in a court conference call, the judge gave him sole custody and she is allowed every second Christmas, every second March Break and three weeks in the summer, only if it's in the best interest of the child.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:51 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
So, to confirm I understand, in my reading of the rules/forms...

Since we have a final court order already, and this is not a *change* to our order itself, I assume this would be a 14B then (and the other necessary 14 forms)? In reading the forms, and the rules, I understand this would not be a "Motion to change form 15"?

I guess this would be a "procedural" or "uncomplicated" motion?

I'm just reading up again, on this...in case I get no movement on my requests for her to sign (request to settle).
Just thought I'd ask this again, as I'm still unclear from reading the forms/rules.

I want to motion to;
- have Mom provide her signature, so that D4 can get access to the extra RESP grants she qualifies for - Mom will not provide signature
- have me added to D4's birth registration as 'father' - Mom will not provide consent/signature, to have me added
- request that ex provide her last year's tax return/NOA info (Mom never provides this - it is currently already ordered in our order for this to happen)

The "last one", I guess I could use a contempt motion on it's own, since she refuses each year, with outright "no, I will not provide it" responses, but it's the first two items, that are more important.

It's not a "change to our current order", so I assume I do not use any form 15s then?