Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2015, 09:33 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have no issues with the divorced which I rally want but my issue is that my ex and I never settle on the matrimonial home and contents .
If there is value remaining to be divided, and your ex has filed an Application for Divorce (simple or otherwise), you would then need to file an Answer.

Before doing so, it may be prudent to have a consultation with a lawyer to see what the value of your claim may be. If the home was underwater, or the only issue is the contents, it may not be worth your time to pursue the claim.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:52 AM

sixfeetunder is on a distinguished road

I was told it goes by the value what it was worth day we separated and I think it's only fair that I paid for 12yrs mortgage and x 2 the payments and walk away, while she gets everything and I get nothing.? I don't want the old contents just what it was worth? I'm I wrong? I had to start from new!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:54 PM

Knowledgeable-Wizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfeetunder View Post
I was told it goes by the value what it was worth day we separated and I think it's only fair that I paid for 12yrs mortgage and x 2 the payments and walk away, while she gets everything and I get nothing.? I don't want the old contents just what it was worth? I'm I wrong? I had to start from new!
Thank you for answering my question.

You have a written agreement that the house should be sold, and it hasn't been. I would strongly suggest you file a Form 10: Answer, and attach the written agreement. In the answer, refer to the written agreement as a domestic contract.

Your entitlement to a percentage of the house would likely exceed what a lawyer would cost you. As such, I recommend you retain a lawyer, but if you choose not to, then in your Answer be sure to state that you want 50% of the equity in the house, and that you want it sold in accordance with the domestic contract.

You only have 30 days from the date you were served to file an Answer with the Court, and they will also likely make you file a Form 13 Financial Statement at the same time. I suggest you get moving on this right away!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:08 PM

sixfeetunder is on a distinguished road

Thank you too all , I took the advice and meet with a FLIC lawyer and she said to try finding a lawyer who will take a payment or Legal Aide , but she to do the Form 10 : Answer asap . She mention to do it and try to retain lawyer . How would I word that she claims the kids reside with both parents when the kids live with me full time and one of the kids haven't even visited her since February so its lie any help will do please