Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM

ringettteplayer is on a distinguished road
Default Consent order

Hi i have been advised to consent to a parenting order.

I have willingly done so and agreed to the request made from my childrens father which is every other weekend.

However both my lawyer and I know he will not follow through with his eow request to see the children as he constantly cancels or i dont hear from him for a month or so at a time.

He (the father) has acused me of parental alienation, now 1 year after our application he has requested this consent form.

What do I do when he constantly cancels and doesnt comply to his own requests of eow?

The consent order is interim and does NoT deal withcustody.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:07 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

just keep documenting it. Not much you can do, you cannot force him to parent.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:17 PM

ringettteplayer is on a distinguished road

hi thanks i can appreciate the documenting it but after how long do I put up with it and do I take the documented proof of all the cancelling to my lawyer to have the order changed?

sorry I am not familiar with the process or why he requested it when one day after the order was filed he cancelled.....
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringettteplayer View Post
hi thanks i can appreciate the documenting it but after how long do I put up with it and do I take the documented proof of all the cancelling to my lawyer to have the order changed?

sorry I am not familiar with the process or why he requested it when one day after the order was filed he cancelled.....
I did the same thing exactly. Made an agreement, offset support, access, etc, etc, etc. with exactly the same concerns.

It took my ex about two weeks to completely stop all access altogether. Two years later, he's left the country.

Document him not showing. Keep him informed of schedule changes that would otherwise need to be known. That's all you can do.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringettteplayer View Post

You'll have to wait a minimum of 6 months (at least that's what FLIC told me) to bring a Motion to Change. I waited longer than that.....over a year.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Sorry if I am dense, I don't see the issue.

He wants it in writing that he can have access. That is fair and reasonable.

The fact that he doesn't exercise that access is sad, as your child is deprived of their father. But that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have access should he decide to improve his relationship.

What is your objective? To change the order to deny him access? That isn't right either.

My only advise would be to do as other suggest and document his failure to exercise his access, so that if he asks for more, you can show the pattern, and then a reasonable judge would maintain status quo. Document the fact that you have done everything reasonable to be flexible with access, in case he wants to bring up parental alienation again.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Once a kid is seeing a father every other weekend, he's just an uncle/clown.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
Sorry if I am dense, I don't see the issue.

He wants it in writing that he can have access. That is fair and reasonable.

The fact that he doesn't exercise that access is sad, as your child is deprived of their father. But that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have access should he decide to improve his relationship.

What is your objective? To change the order to deny him access? That isn't right either.

My only advise would be to do as other suggest and document his failure to exercise his access, so that if he asks for more, you can show the pattern, and then a reasonable judge would maintain status quo. Document the fact that you have done everything reasonable to be flexible with access, in case he wants to bring up parental alienation again.
I don't think denying access was in the post.

The agreements should reflect the reality though should they not?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Once a kid is seeing a father every other weekend, he's just an uncle/clown.
And if the father doesn't show up....he's a spermdonor clown. That's all some men want to be.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Mom View Post
I don't think denying access was in the post.

The agreements should reflect the reality though should they not?
The reality is that even if he signed away his rights to see the child, to reflect reality, if he miraculously became a good guy and petitioned to see the child every other weekend, then he would get it.

So why rock the boat.

There are lots of things in agreements that aren unenforceable. Sometimes it is best to stop worrying and carry on with life.