Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ontario
Posts: 421
ringettteplayer is on a distinguished road
Default Consent order

Hi i have been advised to consent to a parenting order.

I have willingly done so and agreed to the request made from my childrens father which is every other weekend.

However both my lawyer and I know he will not follow through with his eow request to see the children as he constantly cancels or i dont hear from him for a month or so at a time.

He (the father) has acused me of parental alienation, now 1 year after our application he has requested this consent form.

What do I do when he constantly cancels and doesnt comply to his own requests of eow?

The consent order is interim and does NoT deal withcustody.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 5,201
standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road
Default

just keep documenting it. Not much you can do, you cannot force him to parent.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ontario
Posts: 421
ringettteplayer is on a distinguished road
Default

hi thanks i can appreciate the documenting it but after how long do I put up with it and do I take the documented proof of all the cancelling to my lawyer to have the order changed?

sorry I am not familiar with the process or why he requested it when one day after the order was filed he cancelled.....
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringettteplayer View Post
hi thanks i can appreciate the documenting it but after how long do I put up with it and do I take the documented proof of all the cancelling to my lawyer to have the order changed?

sorry I am not familiar with the process or why he requested it when one day after the order was filed he cancelled.....
I did the same thing exactly. Made an agreement, offset support, access, etc, etc, etc. with exactly the same concerns.

It took my ex about two weeks to completely stop all access altogether. Two years later, he's left the country.

Document him not showing. Keep him informed of schedule changes that would otherwise need to be known. That's all you can do.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringettteplayer View Post
hi thanks i can appreciate the documenting it but after how long do I put up with it and do I take the documented proof of all the cancelling to my lawyer to have the order changed?

sorry I am not familiar with the process or why he requested it when one day after the order was filed he cancelled.....
You'll have to wait a minimum of 6 months (at least that's what FLIC told me) to bring a Motion to Change. I waited longer than that.....over a year.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,702
DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough
Default

Sorry if I am dense, I don't see the issue.

He wants it in writing that he can have access. That is fair and reasonable.

The fact that he doesn't exercise that access is sad, as your child is deprived of their father. But that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have access should he decide to improve his relationship.

What is your objective? To change the order to deny him access? That isn't right either.

My only advise would be to do as other suggest and document his failure to exercise his access, so that if he asks for more, you can show the pattern, and then a reasonable judge would maintain status quo. Document the fact that you have done everything reasonable to be flexible with access, in case he wants to bring up parental alienation again.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Once a kid is seeing a father every other weekend, he's just an uncle/clown.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
Sorry if I am dense, I don't see the issue.

He wants it in writing that he can have access. That is fair and reasonable.

The fact that he doesn't exercise that access is sad, as your child is deprived of their father. But that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have access should he decide to improve his relationship.

What is your objective? To change the order to deny him access? That isn't right either.

My only advise would be to do as other suggest and document his failure to exercise his access, so that if he asks for more, you can show the pattern, and then a reasonable judge would maintain status quo. Document the fact that you have done everything reasonable to be flexible with access, in case he wants to bring up parental alienation again.
I don't think denying access was in the post.

The agreements should reflect the reality though should they not?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Once a kid is seeing a father every other weekend, he's just an uncle/clown.
And if the father doesn't show up....he's a spermdonor clown. That's all some men want to be.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,702
DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Mom View Post
I don't think denying access was in the post.

The agreements should reflect the reality though should they not?
The reality is that even if he signed away his rights to see the child, to reflect reality, if he miraculously became a good guy and petitioned to see the child every other weekend, then he would get it.

So why rock the boat.

There are lots of things in agreements that aren unenforceable. Sometimes it is best to stop worrying and carry on with life.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spousal/Child Support Question Jenny Divorce & Family Law 6 10-01-2013 12:01 AM
Consent Order - Ex Not Complying Repeatedly serrona Divorce & Family Law 1 12-30-2006 12:20 AM
Draft Order -Rule 25-LV does it apply? McBroke Divorce & Family Law 2 12-17-2006 12:42 AM
Email from my Lawyer - ???? serrona Divorce & Family Law 4 11-24-2006 11:58 AM
legal consent versus existing court order? gmac General Chat 6 02-08-2006 06:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.