Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2017, 08:56 PM

tmac is on a distinguished road

I have many conversation with hi dealers on texts that I have The fact that he spent $15000 in 2014 and again in2015 for booze and drugs and I had to pay 100% of all the payments bills and groceries for 3 months as no work. After being screamed at and thrown around told if I were to ever call the cops I'd not be ok. Are you kidding me. All while my son tells my baby sitter. His dad is mean and yells at us and hurts him mom he out weighs me by 100 pounds and taller by just about a foot
Old 07-02-2017, 09:41 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I'd drop the name-change thing. It's kind of a low-blow and all it does is inflame matters. (Kid can change his name when he's 18).

Some things to suggest at the 4-way: voluntary drug testing - ask him for ideas on how you can be assured that he isn't using when has son (put it to him to come up with solution/suggestions); cell phone for son with agreement that son call you at any time and you will pick him up should father be using; parenting courses for both of you (mandatory).
Old 07-02-2017, 09:55 PM

Just makes it aqward when dealing with doctors school activities but oh well no big deal
Good idea on the drugs issue and great idea on the phone

Parenting class I took a couple months ago father not yet knows he has to but not as of yet
Old 07-02-2017, 11:27 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I was marred for 30 years and never changed my name. My son had his father's surname. Sure made things easier years later when we divorced! My son's teachers and friends called me Mrs. (son's surname). I never corrected anyone because it didn't matter. If you don't make a big deal about it no one else will. My parents were the only people who didn't like that I didn't change my name. My then-husband didn't care. I work in medical field and I can assure you that no one cares what your child's name is....health care number is what's important. If you find it awkward then why don't you change your name?

In order to have a non-confrontational, constructive 4-way meeting, perhaps suggest that both you and your ex submit to random drug testing?
Old 07-02-2017, 11:48 PM

Yes that makes sense. And yes both to test. As I have tried once 30 yrs ago and haven't touched it since