Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I keep telling myself... once this court is over with... LOL
Old 04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

momforever1956 is on a distinguished road

I was married to a "rich guy", had all the perks one can dream about. I also kicked his butt out the door. Abusive, mean, rude, a social reject and a cheat. Of course he paid to "cheat" as he was not capable of luring a woman without his money. I married him when he was a student and he did not have the "power" he attained once he started working.
Now, I am in a relationship with a decent, kind, understanding man who is respected and loved by all. He is far from wealthy and it has zero effect on our relationship. Five years and going strong. Once I travelled the world and now there is a lot of home time that I would not trade for anything.
Losers, I mean loooosers are just that. It just bothers me how women who are compromised have to put up with them to get a ticket of freedom when in fact it is a ticket of living hell.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

If I'm not mistaken in one Woody Allen film, there was a line that went something like this:' I've been in love, in lust and every other shade of in --- nowadays I'm just looking for someone to hold my hand and help me chose patio furniture!
I could not care less about the contents of a man's wallet, the next one (if there is a next one) there would be no wedding, no rings, no hoopla --- genuine friendship-no contracts. I'd rather jump off a bridge with cement-filled boots then see the inside of another courtroom!!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:05 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

1956 and Janibel - A couple of "lifers" who offer just the right amount of encouragement. Thanks for saying it the way it is - no fluff.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingForFamily View Post
There's a LOT of pressure on young people to have big weddings. Several members of my family work in the wedding industry. Quite often they have a hard time collecting from their clients because the bride/groom are already divorcing before they finish paying off the wedding. It's sad and frustrating.

Try to book a venue or buy a wedding dress without getting massively upsold today. It's not easy. Most young girls want their magical rainbow unicorn wedding special day. If they didn't already, the wedding industry will work hard to change their minds. Middle aged couples may (MAY) have more wisdom than this.
And the reason there is a lot of pressure is because people who work in the wedding industry put the pressure on them.

I am a young person and sure maybe eventually I want to get married, but my wedding will be held in a families old fashion barn, all wedding attire will be casual, it will be a BYOB, we will say our piece, kiss and then party. I have zero desire to have a big fancy wedding. I hate dresses and have no desire to shop for a wedding dress. I nice little sun dress will do.

If someone is having trouble collecting for their service, maybe the problem isn't the person who owes the money, rather the price that person is being charged. The wedding industry exploits young women and over charges them for everything... why? Because they can, not because it cost them that, but because when someone is getting married and is young and naive, it is easy for people to take advantage of them.

I know a guy that goes to the Ukraine every year... he has tried for 3 years to marry a women from there, he finally got all the paperwork approved and they married this past winter. He is a nice guy, but reminds me a lot of the OP. When I first met that guy, he REALLY creeped me out, made me feel uneasy to be around him alone, because he talked just like the OP.

I don't think the OP needs to be concerned about paying CS for his little flings child, but maybe look into what immigration laws state.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:32 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Because they can, not because it cost them that, but because when someone is getting married and is young and naive, it is easy for people to take advantage of them.
Oh yes. If you go to a cake place and ask for three white cakes with pretty frosting then go to Michaels to get little pillars to stack them, I guarantee you it will cost a fraction what it would if you told the cake place you wanted a wedding cake.

Another problem is that young people getting married rarely have a clue about budgeting or costs or frugality, and their parents are often footing the bill.

I know I'm completely off topic, but I just can't bring myself to give the original one any space in my head.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I don't think women marry for money, If I think of all my friends none of them married because they though guy X is going to make a lot of money. As long as the guy is not a deadbeat probably.

I will say that having money does make you more attractive and social norms in most relationships its more of an issue if the guy has money but for women the majority of the time that is secondary.

Financial Issues are considered one the top reasons marriages fail.