Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 PM

oldblueeyes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Pathetic

Has to go to a third world country to get laid.

If the laws of this country are so biased in favor of women then you're best to move.

Trust me, I can get laid very easily here if I wanted to settle for less than what I want, but I won't. What's pathetic about getting what you want?
I thought it was the modern woman's motto, "Don't settle for less!"
Well, that's my motto too! lol

And no, I'm not moving permanently because I have an established business which generates a healthy profit!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:48 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

If Oink and Slughead had a baby, it would be this OP. He's wealthy, he's got the system all figured out, he got the better of his silly ex, he's a globetrotter, he's up all night to get lucky... Troll, in other words.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
If Oink and Slughead had a baby, it would be this OP. He's wealthy, he's got the system all figured out, he got the better of his silly ex, he's a globetrotter, he's up all night to get lucky... Troll, in other words.
Oh the mental images alone have made my day! HAHAHAHAHA Good one Stripes!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
Not "up all night to get lucky", but that's the weakest track on Random Access Memories if you ask me.

I am not a troll. I am almost-divorced and I am gladly paying child support (and more). I am simply looking to protect my future should I cohabitate or marry again. Sheesh.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 AM

Serene is on a distinguished road

Oldblueeyes - the ex wife in our situation types out similar rants. I suspect you and her both gain confidence in seeing your text in print and deem it to be true. Because it is written in black and white does NOT mean it's true....if it looks like sh@t, smells like sh@t - it probably IS sh@t.

What's the point of bragging about your finances and assets? Especially if you "don't care" about what you gave up to your ex spouse? If you don't care - why are you so focused on it?

As for the girlfriend....well if you have as hot a head and big a mouth around her, her family and friends I can guarantee you that she views you as her cash cow and ticket out of the Philippines. Come on....you know this too. but you're too caught up with the physical perks with getting laid again to care. I guarantee you will be trolling this or similar forum for different advice soon.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
As for the girlfriend....well if you have as hot a head and big a mouth around her, her family and friends I can guarantee you that she views you as her cash cow and ticket out of the Philippines. Come on....you know this too. but you're too caught up with the physical perks with getting laid again to care. I guarantee you will be trolling this or similar forum for different advice soon.
Of course I know it's all about money; isn't it always about money either domestically or abroad? You pay for it one way or the other! At least in the Philippines it's much cheaper! If I have to go to Asia to get the petite Body Mass Index I love, then it's well worth it to me! :P
Old 04-04-2014, 09:43 AM

No it isn't always about money. Ask any educated and financially independent person and they will tell you so.

On that note: why buy a whole cow when all you want is a little sausage?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:27 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

To the OP,

Yes, there is a risk you could be ordered to pay CS. End of story.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:41 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

Make a cohab that discusses in loco parentis and lays out each person's degree of responsibility towards the other's children. Then live your life according to it and it less likely to be overturned.

One thing to note is that most people who are willing to discuss these issues, help write and sign a cohabitation agreement, are also the people most likely to follow it and the least likely to go to family court for any reason.

One thing to know about cohabs and prenups is that they begin to get stale almost as soon as they are signed. Life happens, things change, and if you find yourself violating part of the agreement (aka doing more for the child than you originally signed on for) then you have to be prepared that the other person may also violate parts of the agreement and look for CS for the child in the end. It isn't common, especially not with a cohab in place, but it's not impossible.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:27 PM

No such thing as a prenup in Ontario btw. Its called a marriage contract I believe.