Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 509
sahibjee is on a distinguished road
Default coaching to call cops

Facts.
1- I have sole custody of our Son 6 (autistic).
2- Ex made numerous false allegations and had me charged twice in the past. charges dropped eventually.
3- Ex had ditched our son for about a year and returned end of last year.
4- Ex has every wednesday and every other weekend overnights (final order before she disappared)
5- Since ex returned she has called CAS making all sorts of false allegations, her attempt failed, CAS visited me and son and case was closed.

Problem:
She is now coaching son to call police if dad is "bothering" you and from what he tells me she is actually pressuring him to do so as he has told me this a few times in the last couple of months. couple of days ago when i told him to go wash his hands after dinner i heard him in the washroom saying "i should not have to wash hands, i have to call police now"

I am not sure how to counteract the above situation. I have not confronted her about this but it is causing me great deal of anxiety as i am afraid police will become involved again for no good reason. and its not just the threat of calling police, as many crazy exes do she is poisoning our son against me ("dad is a liar who lies to mom" and telling him "when you will be older you will come live with me" working to set change of custody goal for when he is 12 now?) he already tells me, "i live with mom but i only come to see you" which means her crazy scheme is working.

anyways are there any preventative measures i can take against the emotional abuse and brainwashing my son is going through?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 02:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 297
The Iceberg is on a distinguished road
Default

Another PA case. Search the site
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 185
nfc4ever is on a distinguished road
Default

Are you sure that the ex coached him to call the police. My autistic (aspergers) son called 911 last summer because his sister wouldn't play with him. Having a chat with one of the officers at at community police station seems to have cured him.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 509
sahibjee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc4ever View Post
Are you sure that the ex coached him to call the police. My autistic (aspergers) son called 911 last summer because his sister wouldn't play with him. Having a chat with one of the officers at at community police station seems to have cured him.
yup i am sure because he said his mom has asked him to, he wasn't aware of the 911 number the first time he told me he was being asked to call the police, now he has been taught the number.

to the other poster, yes i know there are a lot of PA cases on here and I have read many of them; the problem is in all the cases i came across the remedy seemed to be give custody to the parent being alienated, however that cannot be applied here as i already have sole custody. I am more interested in learning of any legal methods i can use to at least mitigate the coaching to call police needlessly and also to mitigate the actual threat of police being called.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Janibel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Way up North
Posts: 1,496
Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default

For what it's worth, I would let the Ex make all the accusations that she wants. As you said above, she has called CAS before and the case was closed. I doubt that they would take her seriously now.

In fact it she does try again, it may well be to your advantage. After so many accusations proven unfounded, she loses more credibility in court. Her agenda seems rather obvious ...

Concerning your son, you could explain to him what 9-1-1 is actually for or as mentioned above - a community member (officer, teacher) can give him a little talk about what's a real emergency.

The more time your son spends with you, the more he will come to realize that you are nothing like the monster you're Ex is trying to portray you as - that's your best defense against the brainwashing.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 509
sahibjee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
For what it's worth, I would let the Ex make all the accusations that she wants. As you said above, she has called CAS before and the case was closed. I doubt that they would take her seriously now.

In fact it she does try again, it may well be to your advantage. After so many accusations proven unfounded, she loses more credibility in court. Her agenda seems rather obvious ...

Concerning your son, you could explain to him what 9-1-1 is actually for or as mentioned above - a community member (officer, teacher) can give him a little talk about what's a real emergency.

The more time your son spends with you, the more he will come to realize that you are nothing like the monster you're Ex is trying to portray you as - that's your best defense against the brainwashing.
Thanks for your suggestion; i will perhaps talk to his school teachers to talk to him, they however keep insisting that i revoke her access as they dont think she is a fit parent at all so i am thinking they will explode if i tell them that he is being coached.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2015, 12:30 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,968
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

I like what Janibel has suggested. Perhaps a visit to your local RCMP detachment would be helpful. They might have some suggestions for you. Can't be easy raising a child alone with the challenges you face, let alone false allegations.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario
Posts: 164
Franklin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

It,s called Parental Alienation, The courts love lables, that,s a label. Also it is child abuse , another label for you Arabian. This is not the flavor of the month. I call it down right selfishness.

A court order will only stop it when it becomes unacceptable. Yes you have no choice but to try and fight it in court as is the only option untlll a Judge believes you or cares enough. But first you must be in trial. And even the order is not much use to you any way.

You need to let it take it,s cource and have the boy call the Police, or 911 Welcome CAS and whoever else wants to investigate you, let them do the paperwork and demand all the reports. This is called evidence , use all the lables and play this horrible game by useing your head, If you try to use your money you will need a lot of it. The first CC wiil cost you $4000.

I just tell my kids I,m sorry to hear they feel that way , my favorite line is "I understand" 1 minutes later they say "can we go to park" and off we go.

I don,t think we can remember how tough we were when we were kids, but we were, all kids are. Be patient, be kind , demand respect, and most of all be brave.

Last edited by Franklin; 06-11-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 297
The Iceberg is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
It,s called Parental Alienation, The courts love lables, that,s a label. Also it is child abuse , another label for you Arabian. This is not the flavor of the month. I call it down right selfishness.

A court order will only stop it when it becomes unacceptable. Yes you have no choice but to try and fight it in court as is the only option untlll a Judge believes you or cares enough. But first you must be in trial. And even the order is not much use to you any way.

You need to let it take it,s cource and have the boy call the Police, or 911 Welcome CAS and whoever else wants to investigate you, let them do the paperwork and demand all the reports. This is called evidence , use all the lables and play this horrible game by useing your head, If you try to use your money you will need a lot of it. The first CC wiil cost you $4000.

I just tell my kids I,m sorry to hear they feel that way , my favorite line is "I understand" 1 minutes later they say "can we go to park" and off we go.

I don,t think we can remember how tough we were when we were kids, but we were, all kids are. Be patient, be kind , demand respect, and most of all be brave.
What are you talking about? When a sicko is poisoning their kids to hate their other parent and teaches them nonsense which in their heads is true, that only leads to a permanent damage sometimes without repair. Blink knows what PA is like. I know it.

The OP should act differently while he has time. Imagine she gets shared custody...who is gonna stop her then?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coaching, emotional abuse, parental alienation, poisoning, police


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a text app that blocks/forward texts to email? dadthatshadenough Parenting Issues 3 09-27-2014 02:08 PM
Pocket Call - is it evidence or at least reportable plainNamedDad44 Divorce & Family Law 36 03-28-2014 09:57 PM
She's asking for kids to call her but she lies/makes false police reports knackered Parenting Issues 5 07-31-2013 09:25 PM
If I pick her up from camp he will call the cops!! billiechic Parenting Issues 44 08-14-2012 10:03 PM
Help, he is taking me to court bcuz I don't "force" our daughter to call him scarycheri Divorce & Family Law 30 07-03-2009 03:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.