Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 08:05 AM

Heart-broken dad is on a distinguished road
Default Child turns 18, now what?

So my oldest is turning 18, what should a ncp do? I rarely get to see her or talk to her, I don't know if she's still in school. I don't have her personal contact info, can I ask the ex's lawyer to give it to me? Do I have more rights now than before? What about her? Any help / opinion is appreciated.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:30 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You can message your ex asking for proof she is enrolled in school full time with a deadline for response or you will stop child support.

You could also try to reach out to your child.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:41 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart-broken dad View Post
So my oldest is turning 18, what should a ncp do? I rarely get to see her or talk to her, I don't know if she's still in school. I don't have her personal contact info, can I ask the ex's lawyer to give it to me? Do I have more rights now than before? What about her? Any help / opinion is appreciated.
well you can get a court order to stop CS but ask the ex first to provide info if your daughter is in school or not. If she doesnt provide the info then off to court you go.

your exs lawyer isnt your daughters lawyer but even if he was he cant give out personal information.

your rights are still the same and so are hers. She can decide to see your or not,its up to her. It would be nice to reach out somehow to her through maybe a pm on facebook or something. Just keep it light and put no pressure on her. Just tell her the door is always open.

I wish I had more postive things to say but I cant see too much postive about it except you may not be on the hook for CS anymore.

Sorry