Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM

firhill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momforever1956 View Post
It is disgusting that because of a man and woman chose to divorce the children have to endure the consequences for if their parents hadnt divorced they would have supported them through university.
That's quite the assumption.

Quote:
Reality check!!!!
I'm sure the poster that you keep trying to analyze is more than capable of making what she believes are the correct choices/decisions for her family's future.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by firhill View Post
That's quite the assumption.

I'm sure the poster that you keep trying to analyze is more than capable of making what she believes are the correct choices/decisions for her family's future.
Agreed... as I said...my parents were intact and never paid for my education and I know many intact families that are like this, unfortunately some kids have everything handed to them.

Also, thank you, while he may not be a perfect parent, does not mean he is a bad person, there are many posters here who are not perfect parents, no one is perfect and in a relationship you learn to deal with ones faults, trust me, I have many faults of my own and together we make our family unit work, I mean, relationship is about compromise is it not?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 PM

beenthere is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
Just catching up with the responses. I have been excluded from D's life since the day ex took her from our home. It has escalated ever since, spent 20 k trying just for access due to my career traveling to the butt-holes of the world for the good of our country. Ex is a narcissistic power tripping nutbar from hell, just ask her current soon to be ex-husband. This is not my excuse but there is no way to deal with crazy, no matter what you say or don't say you are to blame, it is all your fault and you are the biggest disappointment on the planet according to your child because they are completely brainwashed by the parent they live with. I have been told to shove my RESP money up my ass by the ex so she doesn't have to confirm D is in school now, WTF! She just wants CS to continue so she can keep D's 2 horses for her to ride while she is resting from the "trauma" of being away from home at the most expensive residence the uni had to offer. I of course was never allowed to have a say in any of this. I think momforever1956 needs a reality check, there are always 2 sides to every story.
Thanks BF, you seem to have a grip on the real world, cheers.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You bring a child into this world and you have financial, moral ,ethical and legal responsibilities and if you are fortunate that you as parents are in a financial position to help you then so you should.
You are certainly welcome to help your children. Intact families do not have an obligation to pay for university, so why do divorced families suddenly pick up that obligation?

If the law was changed so that kids from all types of families had the right to extract university tuition from their parents, then I would still not like it, but at least it would be fair.

Quote:
It is disgusting that because of a man and woman chose to divorce the children have to endure the consequences for if their parents hadnt divorced they would have supported them through university.
Divorce involves a massive drop in income for the entire family. Luckily for custodial parents, the entire pain of the drop is borne by the non-custodial parent... but that also impacts upon the ability of the NCP to fund a university education.

You can't think of things in terms of "how they used to be". Things are what they are now. Before the marriage broke down, university may have been affordable. After a marriage breakdown, it may not be. Parents should have the right to make the decision as to whether or not it is still affordable.

Quote:
My vote is for the OP to go after all she can for her children.
My vote is for recipients to get a job instead of acting like entitled parasites if they care so much about their children. Seriously, unless you are disabled, get off your ass and get a job like the rest of us adults.
Closed Thread