Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2017, 07:33 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Wow high drama... good to hear that your daughter is with you.

All the best. Hope things calm down from here on in....

Sounds like police handled the situation well.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

Thank God your daughter is safe.

I must commend you on your mature, calm behaviour under these very stressful circumstances. Not every parent would have been able to hold it together like you did. Your daughter is very very lucky to have you as a father!
Old 05-10-2017, 09:32 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
Thank God your daughter is safe.

I must commend you on your mature, calm behaviour under these very stressful circumstances. Not every parent would have been able to hold it together like you did. Your daughter is very very lucky to have you as a father!
Thank you,
Internally I was panicking. But I had to follow my lawyers advice on this. When I was going in to the case conference my mind was racing because I know that family court can cause things to go sideways fast.
I needed to hold it together though because that is what she needs. She has spent years in chaos at her moms, but it took waiting until there was no real other option for the courts for me to act.
I had to trust that at this point, the police and CAS had no option but to help me, and knowing that I knew it would be ok.

But now I have to get our daughter on track. She is very behind in school, and socially, and emotionally. Luckily my wife is a child and youth worker so she very much understands what is going on.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:58 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweb13 View Post
My ex had gone to Milton court to try and make an emergency motion on over and above the order to have our daughter returned to me. The milton judge contacted the Barrie judge, and they decided to hold my ex.
What an outlandish chess move she attempted.

This thread is what gives me hope for the future. Parents contemplating abduction to create a false status quo will think twice.

I love how this story ended and these judges deserve a raise!!! God bless them!

Congrats my friend. Now go enjoy your child.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:53 AM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hey good to hear it all worked out in the end. You maintained child focused and extremely patient throughout . Glad your daughter is okay and back with you. Ask for supervised access and request other parent complete counselling to the courts satisfaction if she want's regular access with your kid - it's only thing that sounds fair to the child at this point - your child needs to properly heal and bond with you without any more negative interference by the other parent.

Icing on cake - you get to switch to a school of your choice. Don't forget to be a super good citizen and file a complain about the old Principal once you've completed a principal to principal transfer. DO mention child was improperly registered at the new school in the principal to principal transfer form.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:35 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Today, while my ex and my lawyer were speaking the the judge via telephone to discuss access of our daughter to my ex (I was not in on this call). The decision was made that my exs inlaws would have facilitate supervised visitation. Between now and June 20th they would take of our daughter for 2 weekends, they would pick her up Friday, and I would pick her up Sunday. They had to sign documents by 4 PM today stating that they acknowledge that if they allow anyone to take care of our daughter (including anything like my ex taking our daughter out for a walk or anything like that) that they were risking jail time.

4 pm came and went, my ex asked my lawyer if she could change who was the supervisors as her inlaws would be traveling for that time... She even asked my lawyer to meet her in the middle and have a stronger police enforcement clause and have her have normal unsupervised weekend access.

Not going to happen, she can have supervised access at an access center here in town if she wishes, that is all.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:37 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweb13 View Post
Today, while my ex and my lawyer were speaking the the judge via telephone to discuss access of our daughter to my ex (I was not in on this call). The decision was made that my exs inlaws would have facilitate supervised visitation. Between now and June 20th they would take of our daughter for 2 weekends, they would pick her up Friday, and I would pick her up Sunday. They had to sign documents by 4 PM today stating that they acknowledge that if they allow anyone to take care of our daughter (including anything like my ex taking our daughter out for a walk or anything like that) that they were risking jail time.

4 pm came and went, my ex asked my lawyer if she could change who was the supervisors as her inlaws would be traveling for that time... She even asked my lawyer to meet her in the middle and have a stronger police enforcement clause and have her have normal unsupervised weekend access.

Not going to happen, she can have supervised access at an access center here in town if she wishes, that is all.
Yes. Tables have turned. It's time to let her taste her own medicine now.