Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2017, 11:55 AM

leavingthestation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
That's pretty black and white. Why are you seeking to change your agreement so soon after it was signed? Again, is your kid NHL caliber?

You are hoping to impose your parenting wishes on the other parent. I would like to my kids to join coding classes, but the classes available require the kids attending on some days that the kids are with the ex. She doesn't care about coding. My kids would be very interested in coding, and are rather talented at it. My agreement has similar language to yours.

Do you think the courts would override our agreement to let me force kids to attend coding classes on their mother's time? Is hockey more special than coding? Which is more likely to lead to better employment?

If coding doesn't do it for you, substitute the same arguments for:

1) Karate
2) Kumon
3) Horseback riding lessons
4) Yoga
5) Skiing
6) Boy Scouts
7) Baseball

The ONLY thing that would differentiate your hockey from any of the above activities would be if your son has a realistic chance of making millions of dollars a year in the NHL. Otherwise, you're just another self-absorbed parent who thinks that their activities of choice are better than the other parent's choices.
Jasnus you obviously have not read my comments on this thread. Feel free to go back and read them all. Twice if you have to.