Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2014, 12:40 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

What are the ages of your children? I don't think a 16 yr old needs child care. Assuming 3 children require child care (under the age of 12) does it come to 50k? That is very expensive. A nanny might be better value.

Are you in the marital home?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:00 PM

momtoalot is on a distinguished road

Not in the matrimonial home. Child care is per hour. Not for older kids
He won't allow a nanny. Child care for hours worked only
Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoalot View Post
S7 isn't income.
I don't think I said it was income, but the proportional amounts required to be paid are based off of income. Although a cap is understandable.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoalot View Post
Not in the matrimonial home. Child care is per hour. Not for older kids
He won't allow a nanny. Child care for hours worked only
You can do what you choose in your house, he can't prevent you from having a nanny. But he is correct that child care would be for hours worked only, which is in line with the legislation. There is no reason for a parent to contribute to the use of a nanny by the other parent (or other child care provider) when the other parent is not working. The legislation is clear that child care is s7 where it is for employment purposes.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:42 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

We found this link helpful: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/f...ide/info1.html

For my partner, he was paid out termination benefits so when he went back to figure out arrears for last year, he didnt include them. But if this type of bonus is usual for your ex, as in hes gotten something similar year to year, it might be hard to claim its not normal or he has a material change without it. At least from what I can see. Itd be one thing if he normally got that bonus and was paying based on it and then suddenly stopped getting such a high bonus to mean a material change.