Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 11:07 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough
Default Case of P. Alienation/Police enforcement - older children: A case

While I was looking for a few cases for the fellow on the other thread I happened across this one which some many find interesting.

Case contains an abundance of references to other cases (and even cites one of Tayken's favorite judge)

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...resultIndex=12

This is a bit of a lengthy read.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

..and could you post one with the same set of facts reversed for mother and father ?
Old 10-04-2017, 11:20 PM

yes I could but you could look for one yourself

I would think you liked this one. Have you read it yet?
Old 10-04-2017, 11:24 PM

foreverhome is on a distinguished road

"The order incorporates, on consent, the terms of an arbitration award dated February 11, 2015"

"The police were called on to enforce the order in respect of the younger son only. They made some attempts, but did not persist."

"The Chief of Police, Toronto Police Service, has moved to remove the police enforcement provisions from the order, on technical legal grounds and on the merits"

"The final custody order of this court made on February 17, 2015 is rescinded in its entirety. There will be an order that no person has rights respecting the custody of or access to either of the children under any statute or any non statutory jurisdiction of the court."

Just crazy. How can you reinforce teenagers? No one can. No wonder Chief of Police Toronto made a move. Taxpayers money wasted.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
yes I could but you could look for one yourself
Here : https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...&resultIndex=1

Court ordered child to attend reunification program.

Quote:
I would think you liked this one. Have you read it yet?
I think you will really like the one I just posted.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:35 PM

One common denominator would probably be in these lengthy cases (with the reunification centers and extensive counselling) is that parents are wealthy.

Interesting though.

I favor the old school thinking - ship em off to boarding school and then to university LOL
Old 10-04-2017, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
One common denominator would probably be in these lengthy cases (with the reunification centers and extensive counselling) is that parents are wealthy.

Interesting though.

I favor the old school thinking - ship em off to boarding school and then to university LOL
It can get worse. When I was looking for a new lawyer following the parting of the ways with my old one, A lawyer I consulted with works as OCL and mentioned she recently had a case that the child was fed up with both parents and didn't care to want to see either, and moved out of the country and moved on with his life. Just sick and tired of the constant fighting his whole life.

Oh the beautiful pleasant life children get to enjoy in Canada after a separation. Is it the parents faults, or the systems faults? Or are the parents and the system both partially responsible ?

Last edited by trinton; 10-04-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:52 PM

I'd say it's the parents. System is only an extension and reflection of society. We can and should raise our children better than societal norms/expectations.

When things go awry in a marriage people panic and make poor decisions. No one is experienced in family law so it is easy to screw up and get swept up in the wave of litigation.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'd say it's the parents. System is only an extension and reflection of society. We can and should raise our children better than societal norms/expectations.

When things go awry in a marriage people panic and make poor decisions. No one is experienced in family law so it is easy to screw up and get swept up in the wave of litigation.
With the exception of the bias in our Family Law System, why do the parents become so unreasonable? And what is unreasonable if judge A will order that dad have sole custody, Judge B will order mom will have sole custody, and Judge C will order joint-custody ?

Last edited by trinton; 10-05-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:44 AM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Trinton

My theory is people are so hurt and angry during a separation that they use methods to get back at the spouse. Children and money are usually the most important people/things in a person's life. People attack where it will hurt most.