Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2017, 09:46 PM

Doctor Martins is on a distinguished road
Default Case Law on Equal Parenting & Location Distance..

So I live 40 to 45 min from my ex (who moved further away) and I am willing to move closer but a judge mentioned that distance might be an issue. So after speaking to some on this forum that there are even people who had arrangements with that distance because in rural locations children can spend that long on busses I wanted to see if there were real life examples of this.

If need be Ill move but I want to strengthen my case as much as possible which includes case law on similar situations if anyone knows of such a thing.

Thanks as always!
Old 11-10-2017, 10:28 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Search on canlii.

Or make things so much simpler and move closer to the child.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:03 AM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Maybe you should wait until your child is registered in school, then move into the catchment area. That way if your ex wants to move again you would already be in the area to keep the child's school life consistent. Have you looked into the schools yet in that area?

Tags
case law, equal shared parenting, shared parenting