Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2015, 10:48 AM

LawHelp is on a distinguished road
Default Case conference in front of a DRO

Hello, I have a case conference coming up in front of a dispute resolution officer. It's for a motion to change. Court told me that DRO is not a judge but is a lawyer , who will try to help us settle the case, and if we don't agree then we will go in front of a judge. ( would this be same day? Or a new case conference will be scheduled)

My question is, do I have to file a case conference brief for a DRO? And what should I expect on that day? Thanks
Old 05-31-2015, 04:02 PM

laurie_rn is on a distinguished road

My husband did a case conference with his ex and DRO. I believe he filed a brief prior. It's yet another step they take to see if you guys can settle. He'll direct you on how solid the case is to move forward. If you can settle, they can get the judge to write some orders. Otherwise you will move ahead to the next step. I have lost count as to how many conferences (regardless of what they label each one) that we attended, got nowhere, took a million days off work to travel 2 hrs to the courthouse for zero point. We didn't see the judge that day after DRO. Good luck.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:58 AM

Ex hasn't provided Full financial disclosure so obviously I can't settle . Do I file a case conference brief seven days prior to it? I am applicant
Old 06-01-2015, 08:37 AM

Dadx5 is on a distinguished road

I am not positive on the time line but yes you need to file a case conference brief, and you will not get to see a judge that day.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:42 PM

Just an update : nothing happened at the DRO case conf. We are scheduled for a settlement conf.