Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Denisem is on a distinguished road
Default Case Conference

Does anyone know about how long it takes in Ontario for a Case Conference appointment?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:00 PM

Lindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura about
Default It depends...

Hi Denisem,

There is no definite answer to that. You can get an early date if a judge orders that a case conference be scheduled by a certain date, but normally, you could be waiting between 1 and 3 months for a case conference, or perhaps longer. It all depends on the volume of case conferences being scheduled.

Also, all cities operate a bit differently. For example, in Ottawa, for motions, you have to schedule a specific motion date with the counter staff. In Toronto, however, motions are heard two or three days per week, every week, so you may just pick a date and show up in court. Not to imply that you may just show up to court in Toronto for a case conference, I'm just saying that each city has their own scheduling system.

To get a better idea of what you may be looking at, I suggest calling your courthouse and finding out what the current waiting time is for scheduling a case conference.

Lindsay
Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

I found too that it also depended largely on the lawyers schedules. I found in my own case if the law firm I was using sent a Sr Lawyer it was at least a three month wait. If a Jr could handle it was less than a month. Then too it depended on the ex's lawyers schedule.

Good Luck
Closed Thread