Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017, 03:16 PM

e28makaveli has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Here's what you do:

Your ex's thirst for blood in the court system will make you lose your job. (Good because it makes you miss months out of your children's lives).

So it'll be her fault you lost your job (all her antics) .. so you can get one with more flexible antics and get 50/50.
Interesting points worth considering. I'll rather not lose this job despite all she is putting me through. Definitely considering the option for 50/50 even though we currently live in two different cities now.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Do not lose your job. Get laid off and go on EI. Or get a doctor permit to leave work due to stress.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
And what good does this serve? No child support?

I can manage the stress. Just need to constantly do the right thing but balance this with work requirements.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by e28makaveli View Post
And what good does this serve? No child support?

I can manage the stress. Just need to constantly do the right thing but balance this with work requirements.
If your work interferes with your availability to child then quitting wouldn't help.

Being laid off or taking a leave due to stress is only way to not work and be not frowned upon.

Solid work history is always a good thing.

Not sure where the quit your job thing came from but just thought I inform you what to do if that was something that was going to happen.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
If your work interferes with your availability to child then quitting wouldn't help.

Being laid off or taking a leave due to stress is only way to not work and be not frowned upon.

Solid work history is always a good thing.

Not sure where the quit your job thing came from but just thought I inform you what to do if that was something that was going to happen.

Thanks for the advise. Yes, interestingly a close friend is going through the exact same thing. Both our wives caused some mischief He decided to take stress leave and deal with his divorce. I decided to keep working

Definitely an option, worth knowing about, as it could come in handy. So far stress is manageable.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Thanks for the advise. Yes, interestingly a close friend is going through the exact same thing. Both our wives caused some mischief He decided to take stress leave and deal with his divorce. I decided to keep working

Definitely an option, worth knowing about, as it could come in handy. So far stress is manageable.
keep your head up veteran, you're on the right track. Don't slip, and don't let them push you. Good luck !
Old 02-03-2017, 12:56 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Guess this can only be done via court action right? Well guess, this is where we are going.
It takes two mature and willing parties to settle a matter. Anything can be settled if those conditions are met. You are not in that situation. So the default option for resolving the challenges you face is with the court's assistance.