Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2010, 12:42 AM

Holly is on a distinguished road
Default Can my lawyer berate me?

Ex and I are trying to start division of assets. Now I have heard, through a mutual friend, that my ex claims that my lawyer has been saying things that belittle me to my ex's lawyer. Apparently my lawyer was recently talking about the division of assets to ex's lawyer and my lawyer explained to the opposing lawyer that I could not grasp what was required within division of assets and that my lawyer was getting fed up with my ongoing requests. Do you think this can be true- that my lawyer would say such things about me to the opposing lawyer? What should I do about this? I have not heard from my lawyer for several weeks so it is hard to tell if she truly is on my side.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

It would be completely unprofessional to act this way, and possibly a breech of client priviledge.

However your ex is certainly capable of making crap up to say to their friends. Secondly, hearing this third or fourth hand leaves a lot of room for mistakes. Did your ex's lawyer say that, or someting else that got twisted and reworded several times?

Without mentioning the incident, ask your lawyer if he believes you understand equalization and are making reasonable requests. If your lawyer thinks you are wrong then he will tell you.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

i think iot is just a mind game your ex is playing to make you start to distrust you lawyer. He probably feels that if he gets you to doubt your lawyer then you will be easier to fleece
Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

If your lawyer is condescending -- I would think such would question their obligations of professional conduct. However, don't get side tracked. If its not on paper don't worry about it.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM

atlanticcanadian is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to atlanticcanadian
Default Mine did

Hi: My lawyer berated me just before going into Court. So in Court, I just agreed to everything. Heck I was ever scared to pour water into the glass. Thank god the Sheriff realized I was having trouble and came over and poured it for me.

I dismissed that lawyer and as my other posts state, I am going self-rep.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

This thread is two and a half years old.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:37 AM

atlanticcanadian is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to atlanticcanadian
Default Oops Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
This thread is two and a half years old.
Sorry Blink! I really need to learn to read. My mistake.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Even posts that are older have benefit to members and newcomers.

Just sayin'
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM

rhondagirl is on a distinguished road

If you are wondering about anything like this, ASK the lawyer if it's true. Don't "wonder" ... Get an answer.
Closed Thread