Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2015, 07:37 AM

nfc4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Can FRO enforce this

Interesting. I'm supposed to be making a counter-offer to the ex today. Checking email this am she proposed the following

That about half the time she'd agree to meet halfway at a shopping mall for handoff.

Secondly in months where I had to drive all the way down there, she'd agree to reduce support by $xx that month.

I'm just thinking that she's going to register with FRO within minutes of getting a settlement. Can FRO enforce the latter as it involves a calculation, albeit simple as a number of people here say that FRO won't calculate stuff.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You would have to have it in your agreement. So basically propose six months a year you will do this then take the 12 months of support (6 months full + 6 months reduced) and divide by 12. That amount you put in your order. Then if she files with FRO, youre paying the reduced support.

If shes agreeing to it now, you demand it in the order that way.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:10 PM

mathewoliviera is on a distinguished road

Fro is a headache at least for me. It needs to be made very clear what the support is and having two different amounts would confuse them greatly. What rockscan suggested would be the best way to do it.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:53 PM

nfc4ever is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone. I integrated into my counter the way Rocks indicated, now to cross my fingers and wait.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:30 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

You can do that. FRO will enforce the reduced amount. They won't enforce her showing up half way in the future.