Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeontheworld View Post
I found a press release which states their new head of blah blah is my blah blah ex....along with his picture.

I have a copy of list of attendants at a conference that he attended along with who he was representing.

I have an email he sent in which he states he is working.

I found his linked in profile which also states same.

We have been before a judge and all the while he denies and lies about everything. Denied being employed, denied being a polygamist, denied having 2 other children.

Lies that he sends money every month via Western Union so I obtained a letter from Western Union stating that no funds have come to me.
Lies that calls our daughter all the time but can produce no record of it. I cant prove that he does not call due to the simple fact that phone companies do not provide that without a court order which according to the policy is pretty much impossible to get but thats ok because that burden of proof is on him.

As I stated I did not get this far by not knowing tge difference between evidence and hearsay.
Apparently you won't keep it to yourself.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:06 PM

takeontheworld has a little shameless behaviour in the past

As I have already provided his lawyer with this, I decided it doesnt much matter if he stumbles across my posts or not.

FB your posts thus far in this thread have been completely rubbish. I fail to see how you have anything to add to my original question.

To everyone else, thank you whether you agree or disagree.
Im still confused though as to what step I take now to pursue child support as the final order has not yet been signed by judge or myself. Do I sign it and then file a motion to change ir is there a better way to handle this? I will be pursuing child support, that is not even a question.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:11 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I found a press release which states their new head of blah blah is my blah blah ex....along with his picture.

I have a copy of list of attendants at a conference that he attended along with who he was representing.

I have an email he sent in which he states he is working.

I found his linked in profile which also states same.

We have been before a judge and all the while he denies and lies about everything. Denied being employed, denied being a polygamist, denied having 2 other children.

Lies that he sends money every month via Western Union so I obtained a letter from Western Union stating that no funds have come to me.
Lies that calls our daughter all the time but can produce no record of it. I cant prove that he does not call due to the simple fact that phone companies do not provide that without a court order which according to the policy is pretty much impossible to get but thats ok because that burden of proof is on him.

As I stated I did not get this far by not knowing the difference between evidence and hearsay.
So you presented all this evidence to a judge and he ordered an income imputed to him, and ordered CS at the table rate? You had the press release and the linkedIn profile and the conference attendee list admitted?

If not, why not?

And being a polygamist is another matter, what did the judge say when you presented the wedding certificate? Did you present the birth certificates for his other children? (not that it has any impact on his CS obligations to the child you had together).
Old 04-08-2014, 05:14 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
As I have already provided his lawyer with this, I decided it doesnt much matter if he stumbles across my posts or not.

FB your posts thus far in this thread have been completely rubbish. I fail to see how you have anything to add to my original question.

To everyone else, thank you whether you agree or disagree.
Im still confused though as to what step I take now to pursue child support as the final order has not yet been signed by judge or myself. Do I sign it and then file a motion to change ir is there a better way to handle this? I will be pursuing child support, that is not even a question.
Sorry you feel that way... But my posts might help someone else in the future.

Anyway I'll ask you again just for shits and giggles then...

Is he going to willingly pay CS from a country that can't enforce the order you are seeking?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:16 PM

OntarioDaddyMan is on a distinguished road

FB- I think Takeontheworld is trying to stop him from entering the country from the sounds of it. Unless she truly believes that she can get CS enforced in another country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2014, 05:19 PM

I have not had this admitted...yet. as when we were before the judge I did not have actual evidence and at the time the judge did not impute an income and I did not ask for that. He claimed he was unemployed and for a time I genuinely believed that. I was not trying to kick him while he was down. I simply wanted to be divorced from him, unfortunately I did it at the expense of my daughter.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
FB- I think Takeontheworld is trying to stop him from entering the country from the sounds of it. Unless she truly believes that she can get CS enforced in another country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he might actually. Not because he is concerned for our daughter but because his passport is important to him.
I feel like as it stands now he has walked away completely free with no responsibility to her as according to him...its my own fault.
The country he is in will not enforce any court order from Canada. Im betting on how much he values his Canadian passport.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:24 PM

Little Leprechaun is on a distinguished road

Yes you can file a motion. If you have proof about earnings or potential earnings, income will almost certainly be imputed.

If he is pleading poverty then he will be citing financial hardship which means his wife's income will be taken into consideration. Your own expenses will also be compared.

All else aside, he has a legal obligation to pay child support. Whether or not it can be enforced is another matter unfortunately.

As for some of the negative and irrelevant comments on this thread. Ignore them. Some people have nothing better to do with their time.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:14 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I would recommend that you seek advice from a lawyer. If your ex is indeed a senior officer for a major telecommunications company the lawyer will take you on as a client. The lawyer will use their resources to verify the information.
You may be required to pay a small retainer but in your case it sounds as though this might be money well spent.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:54 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

Money well spent? If she can't collect it isn't money well spent.