Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 AM

Sinkingfast is on a distinguished road
Default Assignment Court

Does anyone know what, if anything I am suppose to do to prepare for Assignment Court? To my understanding it is just a date to"get a date" for trail....Is this correct?
At our CC back in Jan, I thought things went well until my ex's lawyer drew up the final minutes of settlement. They were inaccurate, incomplete and unreasonable. I refused to sign, since then I have revised them and sent them back to the ex's lawyer. We have heard nothing and the Assignment Court date is coming up.
Anything I should do to prepare?
Old 02-11-2014, 02:41 PM

takeontheworld has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You are correct, its just to decide on an agreable date for trial. Not sure if you are self rep'd or not? I was self rep'd and it was nothing to worry over. Just make sure you know which dates you would be available for.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:53 PM

Thank you for your response!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:24 AM

golf.fanatic is on a distinguished road

What happens if you don't attend assignment court? Or is there a way to cancel it? Ex and I have been operating under an interim order re access and it is working fine for both of us. Assignment court is in 2.5 weeks but no need to attend really... planning to turn the interim order into a final order.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 AM

I do not know the proper procedure but I would definitely notify the court that you do not plan to attend and give your reasons why. I am assuming that the other party will need to do the same.
Hopefully someone else can add to this as I am just thinking out loud....