Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 AM

Margaret-Krupa is on a distinguished road
Question Asking for comments on my draft response letter

Hello everyone,
I once again ask for your help. I posted a thread two days ago re: Separation Agreement is this one acceptable. I have read all your responses very carefully and took them to heart. I do not have money to see a lawyer so you are my best advice. Here is my draft reply to my EX lawyer's initial letter outlining Separation Agreement issues:
April 24, 2012
via FACSIMILE TO:
and regular Mail
Mississauga, Ontario
L5B 1S3
Dear Ms. S....:

Re: K.......... and M.... K....
Separation

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated April 11, 2012. The letter was delivered to my on April 16, 2012.
You request I submit my response to the above mentioned letter by April 30, 2012 by 4:00 p.m. or Mr. K will consider commencing a Court Application. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to respond to your letter in full in a two weeks timeframe. This matter is of significant importance in my and our children's life and requires my careful consideration. As you know our matrimonial home has been sold and closing is less than two months from today. I am engaged in many tasks with regards to arranging moving and packing as well as searching for accommodation, medical care, schooling for both Conrad and Alex. I am also in the process of arranging medical treatment for myself at St. Joseph Hospital in Hamilton. In this situation it is impossible for me to make sound decisions in this sensitive and extremely important matter.
I will be able to properly respond to your letter before end of July, 2012.
Today, I can only comment on item no. 5 in your letter regarding our Honda Civic and furniture. In your letter you say that "Your husband will keep the 2002 Honda and tools, while you will have a choice of most of the furniture and contents of the home." Reference to furniture and contents as "most" does not have any legal merit. I ask that you change this fraze to "all furniture and contents of the home" or list each item which Mr. K feels I can take with me.
Should I not hear from you by April 30, 2012 I will understand that you are in agreement with my requests. Should you need to contact me please do not hesitate to do so. I can be reached via telephone at 905 333 6209 or e-mail at: m.kwiatkowska@sympatico.ca
Yours truly,

I thank each one of you who is willing to give me advise and comment on this draft.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

There are several typos that need fixing in this draft, for starters. Is that your email addr and ph #? You should edit those out on a public forum such as this (or any) one. But if that is your email, pls confirm (then edit it out w/your #) and I can send you an email and at least fix the typos and some of the wording.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM

Fam Law is on a distinguished road

Excellent advice from 'hadenough'. Please follow through on this asap. Thanks for looking out for us juniors!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Yes, I agree with what hadenough said.

Just note that you have your pic up and that this is a public forum....so anything you say here ...just like facebook or myspace, etc...can be potentially linked to you and used. Most posters use screen names and try to keep personal details somewhat to a minimum...especially ones going through litigation.

I know its tough when you're going through this stuff and need advice on a specific set of circumstances but you may want to be a bit more guarded with your personal information.

Best wishes on trying to settle. I think any time that divorcing couples can get things done out of court its both wise and lucky.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Personally, I would remove all personal information you've posted here unless you want to open yourself up to possible identity theft issues/spam/your ex reading it etc....
Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Personally, I would remove all personal information you've posted here unless you want to open yourself up to possible identity theft issues/spam/your ex reading it etc....
lol...For some reason I find the idea that someone would want to steal an identity in a divorce forum ironic....since we're all broke from legal bills.

If anyone steals mine, I hope they go to court for me.

(with my luck: Someone would steal my identity then return it about a month later with a note that says "no thank you!")

Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 04-18-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
Thank you HammerDad!!!! I really appreciate your comment which other Forum members also have done. I have contacted the administrator to do this for me because I was not allowed by the system to remove it myself. THANK YOU everyone! It was my mistake - I was not careful enough copying and pasting my letter from MS Word.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Will someone steal mine please lol? I'd love for someone to step in my shoes and take the beating I have, present and future

Yes MK. Definitely refrain from including such specific info.

So seriously (lol), who wants to be ME? Step right up
Old 04-18-2012, 04:09 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
Will someone steal mine please lol? I'd love for someone to step in my shoes and take the beating I have, present and future

Yes MK. Definitely refrain from including such specific info.

So seriously (lol), who wants to be ME? Step right up
Gladly trade you beatings. You have to take mine. It would be a trade.

Certainly yours can't be worse than the drama I face all too often.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 AM

Hello everyone, if someone can be kind enough to advise me how I can contact the Administrator directly and ask him to remove my personal information from this post I would appreciate it a million! I sent two messages to the administrator with this request and I can see that my personal info has not been removed yet. Please send me a private message or post your comment here. Thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
letter, response, separation agreement