Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2016, 10:03 PM

Karver is on a distinguished road
Default Arbitration woes

may 2015- entered arbitration, dates set September 2015
Sept 2015- arbitration award - ex needs to supply my forensic accountant all financials listed in accountants letter.
November 2015 - incomplete disclosure. My lawyer applies for contempt, arbitrator sine dies the request. Another arbitration award- Ex given to Dec 8th to disclose remaining stuff.
January 2016- still no disclosure. my lawyer attempts another contempt, conference call to be Feb 18
February 18 - arbitrator won't do contempt, extends disclosure to March 8.

Ex owes me thousands in back child support and admitted back in September to the arbitrator, my lawyer, the forensic accountant and myself that he's been giving all his income to his mother- he blurted out: "I gave it all away, do you know ho much child support I would have to pay on that amount of money!"

Why is the arbitrator giving him so much leeway? I'm so frustrated. March 8th will come and he won't give complete disclosure, another month, month and a half wasted.
I'm starting to really regret going into arbitration. Maybe court would be no better. I just can't catch a break in this. The law seems to put protecting my rich corporate ex over the children.