Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 11:22 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

I think it's weird you have changed your story in a few short minutes. You just agreed that the abuse was not so bad that the children did not need to be kept from their father. But you kept them from their father anyhow. I'm seeing that rat again...

And the children were never interviewed by CAS? That is really bizarre.

CAS is mandated to protect your children. They didn't need to intervene because they had no concerns.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:23 PM

Grappler3561 is on a distinguished road

This Thread is a waste
Old 05-13-2014, 11:26 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Is the therapist a court-appointed counsellor? Is the therapist a registered clinical child psychologist? I have a feeling the 'therapist' will not see the video.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:26 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

First things first - take your cues!!!! CAS did not intervene as they had no concerns. You kept the kids anyhow. It was not appropriate for you to keep kids. Period.

And now you want the judge to see a video you really don't know what it contains? Any lawyer will tell you - don't ask a question you don't know answer to. I would assume you don't want to show a judge a video you really have no idea what is in it.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:27 PM

This Thread is a waste
Old 05-13-2014, 11:34 PM

This Thread is a waste
Old 05-13-2014, 11:37 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I see old Tayken in on line. Perhaps he can share his opinion/advice on the situation as he knows plenty about what constitutes "emergency" motion and can likely answer your procedural question about introducing the video tapes at your trial - or not (as I suspect) and why.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:40 PM

This Thread is a waste
Old 05-13-2014, 11:42 PM

This Thread is a waste
Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

From what you've said, I draw two conclusions:

1. There is no abuse going on.
2. The kids are being manipulated by adults. They have been persuaded to either talk about abuse which didn't happen, or to say that they never talked about any abuse, or both.

#1 means that there is no emergency. #2 has to stop, for the good of the children. This means no more drama about getting hold of a video which may or may not exist, no bringing in third parties to interrogate the kids about what they did or did not say, no making this into a bigger deal than it already is. Pretend you never heard of the existence of this alleged video, and continue with normal life, including sending the kids to their father for his access. Yes, you are going to wonder what is going on, but there is no sign that the kids are in danger which warrants your involvement. If this alleged video ever surfaces, deal with the issue at that time. "Move it along, folks, nothing to see here".